Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Disneyland...The Adult Version


~Waiting in line for Splash Mountain.~

So we've been making good use of our Disney passes. I've been the awesome mom hauling 4 kids solo on Friday afternoons to the park. Bless early release days. However, I wondered what Disneyland would be like sans kids. Peaceful? Probably not. Relaxing? Nope. A heck of a lot of fun? Absolutely.


~We got to see characters and no one had a melt down with fear. FYI it's enlarged because I love this shot. All the people smiling at the couple and the castle in the background.~

As a post anniversary celebration, Trev and I unloaded the kids on various relatives. Will went to Mimi and Papa's, Abby to Auntie Ashley's, and the big boys hung with Aunt Cindy. Then we drove our little (cough, cough) selves to the happiest place on earth and unleashed the party. We played so hard on Friday that we were trashed til...wait...I guess we still haven't recovered.


~My cutie patootie in line at Splash Mountain (see the splash?) and just looking generally hot.~

To say the least, it was a very different experience. I love, love, love taking the kids, but I have to admit, this was so much fun for me. Running from ride to ride with my best friend was awesome. I was able to take him on several rides that he has had yet to experience (Toy Story-it's incredible, Buzz Lightyear, Soarin' Over California). We were able to go through the trauma that is Tower of Terror for the first time together. I was shaking when it was over. Terror isn't an exaggeration. But, still, I liked it. Who doesn't love a little paralyzing adrenaline? As a side note, I had to call Becky after we got off. She called me stupid for riding it at all. She'll love the fact that after TofT we went straight to Soarin' over California. She hated that one too. I can't understand that. It's one of my favorites.


~Some teenagers taught us a new game. It helped the long lines (this one for Space Mountain) seem shorter. We got into it, what can I say?~

Anyway, we had a blast. We had dinner in the overpriced Naples. Lucky for us, the overpriced food was the bomb.


~Me at dinner. I've become so self conscious in front of the camera that I end up looking like a dork. I'm much happier behind the scenes.~

It was such a perfect day with my buddy. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like him. A lot. I could hang out with him all day and still want more. Thanks to everyone who watched our spawn. We owe you! And a curse on Preston's coach who threw an 8:00am practice Saturday morning robbing us of the opportunity to sleep in without the kids. A plague on your house, sir. A plague on your house.

11 comments:

Heather said...

That looks so fun! I doubt I will ever make it to Disneyland without the kiddos! Oh well- glad you could do it- even though I'm jealous. Love you guys :)

The Fear Fam said...

Oh how I would love to go to Disneyland sans kids! I'm so glad you guys were able to go and have a great time. We took the girls last year and it was fantastic. I really want to go again, but I don't want to take the little boys. :) You will have to send me some tips for going with 4 kids.

And btw, I *love* Soaring Over California, and the Toy Story ride, too. Hopefully I'll get to scare myself silly on Tower of Terror one day. :)

The Fear Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

I'm totally jealous that you can just hop on over to disneyland on Friday afternoon and then go without your kids on a random day. Fun!!! I haven't been since I was 9 and it has changed a lot since then. I can't wait to go back...someday...but it will be with kids.

Joneel said...

You guys look HOT

Holly said...

Tower of Terror and Soaring over California are the BEST rides!! Can't wait to "jet" down there and go! Love you!

Louise said...

Looks like a great time for you two love birds- hooray for family that will watch the kidoos once in a while. Great memories!

The Cardenas Clan said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, I was glad to help..Abby was great!

Becky Noftle said...

Disneyland without kids IS WAY TOO FUN but we went when there were no lines, (insert evil laughter here!)! But you will get to go in October too--so why am I laughing? I think I would clean like mad on Mondays, drop the boys off to school Tues. Wed. Thurs. and spend at least 4 "educational" preschool hours a day there for the benefit of your two preschoolers! I honestly don't know what is worse, Tower of Terror, Soaring over California or people who say they look dorky when they know it is a great picture of them.....oh and like I told our scuzin this week, sometimes you miss a practice (like 8 am Sat.) and the earth stays in orbit silly ladies. Oh and don't you LOVE the new Toy Story ride---it's da bomb for real!!

Becky Noftle said...

Sheesh I sound like a bratty, bossy older sister is the above comment. Oh well, technically I am!

Unknown said...

So everyone thinks we are insane for loving to go there without the animals! See?? I am glad you two had fun! i am so jealous that you live close enough to just head out whenever you want. We will be there in June and would love to hang!