Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Leprechaun Story By Carson

As part of his homework this week, Carson was instructed to write a story about a leprechaun. So, out of the most peculiar mind of my six year old, here you go.



ym dads fred marc fand a lerecon. mark lev irled. He kot a gren lprcon. mark tld the lprredon to giv him hes gld. mok et hes gld but the lpecon got uwa. Ded

Translation: My dad's friend Mark found a leprechaun. Mark lives in Ireland. He caught a green leprechaun. Mark told the leprechaun to give him his gold. Mark got his gold but the leprechaun got away. The end.

We may need to work on the hand writing situation. Still, we loved it (and yes, that's Mark in the upper right corner. An uncanny likeness I assure you).

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Brilliant story Carson. :)

Heather said...

What an awesome "Irish" Leprechaun story. Not too many kindergartners know a real Irish person to tell a leprechaun story about. I think his kindergarten handwriting is perfect- and very creative! Too cute :)

Joneel said...

OH MY WORD !! that's from kindergarten??? Pretty darn good.

melanie said...

Cute story Carson. Dane is writing stories like this but his handwriting is about the size of this type. It's painfully small and so dang hard to read. I think my favorite part is the drawing of Mark.

Mark said...

He got my hair just right. That little flick at the front. Nice job buddy.

Great story, if I find that gold, I'm coming back over to visit and buying that Camaro. :-)

Becky Noftle said...

So nice that Mark got to keep the gold, I love happy endings.