Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's Been 8 Months, 3 Hours and 4 Minutes


And he is splendid. Pudge is awesome. He's loud, especially at around 6:00am when he yells (not cries) at us to get him out of bed. When we drag our feet into his room he laughs at us. I think he knows how early it is. I think it's mean.

He loves chewing on his thumb, but we still enforce the binkie. He loves toys and chews on those too. His palate has been broadened and he loves anything that is presented to him at mealtime. Chick-fil-a fries are a favorite. He is such a good sport during all the hours spent at the baseball diamond. He's perfectly happy to hang in his stroller and watch the world go by.

~Trying homemade Orange Julius for the first time. The cold freaked him out at first, but then he loved it. Shocker, I know.~

He sometimes cries when I leave the room. It makes me feel good to know he wants me around. He takes 3 naps a day and if he doesn't get said naps he struggles at night. We don't enjoy missing naps.

I weighed him at the doctor last Friday (Preston's appt. not Will's) and he tipped the scales at 21 lbs 3 oz. I love every millimeter of him, and my arms are really strong.

When the dogs run around like crazy animals he laughs hysterically. I had them in the car the other day and he was laughing so hard I thought something was wrong. I had never heard him make those sounds before.

I swear he is starting to give me kisses every once in a while. Sure, it's an open-mouthed head butt, but I'm counting it because he grabs my hair with both fists to really enforce the head butt. Sometimes it hurts but I love it just the same. In fact, there's nothing we don't love about him.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I love beefy babies!! What a cutie, 6 am head-butt kisses and all.

Joneel said...

sitting behind him in church made me realize what a happy baby he is.
I think i knew that already though.

melanie said...

He definitely hasn't started that 'slimming stage' yet. He's a doll baby and his fat arms are my fav. It all goes so fast it's sad. Love the photos Bren!

Louise said...

William,
Please don't loose one ounce of that "pudginess" before I can cuddle you again, ok?
Love,
Grandma

Holly said...

Oh my goodness! He is as cute as they come. Seriously! Can't wait to see him, and all of you again! Love you!

Becky Noftle said...

21 lbs. just like Carter (J/K he is back to his fighting weight of 33 lbs!). Hair looks irish, maybe the reflection of the leprechaun story?