Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's Been 10 Months 9 Hours and 53 Minutes


So this post has been a long time in the making. I feel like I've left my brain somewhere that's not my skull. Maybe in a cart at WalMart? Maybe in Carson's kindergarten classroom? Maybe on the baseball field? Or maybe it's just buried in the laundry basket somewhere. I'll have to dig it out later. So far this week, I've forgotten to bring a lady (who broke her foot) dinner, forgot Preston's special baseball practice where they were supposed to scrimmage against their moms. We were so excited for this one too. I was all ready to show him "what's up, yo!" I forgot that it was Teacher appreciation week. I forgot to bring cupcakes to Preston's class for his birthday. I sent him to his game "early" at 12:00pm on Saturday, thinking his game started at 12:45pm. The coach likes them to be there no later than 30 minutes early. I found out later that the game really started at 12:15. I showed up at 1:00 because I had forgotten to get cupcakes for his team because Saturday was his ACTUAL birthday. This doesn't even mention the dozen times I forgot my phone in places I shouldn't have. I'm seriously wondering if the genetic senility is starting to set in.

But, I've digressed. This post is actually about my Sweet Will. He's 10 months. Double digits baby. I can't believe it. Time has flown by...on a freight train...or maybe the concord. Here's what our little devil has been up too (he would have been my little "angel" but he was up every half hour last night, thus, a devil).



Jibber Jabber. And a lot of it. It's cute, but a tad loud. I only complain when it's during the precious hours of 8:30pm and 11:00pm. Those are mine and Trev's "us" hours. No kids allowed. Basically, it's when we watch our TiVo shows.

Crawling. Not quite. He's sooooooo close. He gets on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. Then the realization that he's a tad "sturdy" sets in and his arms give up. They're quitters those chubby arms. He'll lie on the floor for a minute and rest and then try again. He can scoot and roll and kick, just not the classic crawl yet. It hasn't stopped him from getting where he wants to go. Especially if "where he wants to go" is in the vicinity of something he can put in his mouth.

Speaking of putting things in his mouth. He loves food. Period. As mentioned before, he's a sturdy lad.


Tooth number 5 came in last week. Number six is like a back ordered pair of shoes, taking it's own sweet time to come in. Will is forced to play host to a runny nose, cough, and altogether miserableness because of it. I think he got my cold on top of it. Now I can't tell what's teeth and what's virus. What it adds up to is misery, though.

Sleep is STILL an issue. Two nights ago he slept 11 hours. Last night he was up every half hour. Two nights ago it was Trevor's turn to get up with him. It was my turn last night. I'm such a martyr. Any miracle solutions out there? Please share.

He's a mama's boy. If he's tired, hungry or upset, he'll reach for me. I love it. Really. He's so funny. If he's sitting and playing on the floor and I'm in the room, he's happy. If I sneak out without him noticing, he's happy. If he SEES me leave, it's another story.


I still get surprised when I see his thighs. They're awesome. So is the big "Bishop" gap in his front teeth. Those may be my favorite parts of him. Or his tummy...or his cheeks...or toes...or hands...or block feet...it's too close to call.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh so cute! I need to hold that baby- soon!

Suzanne said...

He really is so cute! On the sleep issue, we had the same problems with Jake. But with the help of "The Baby Whisperer" Tracy Hogg, We now have Jake asking to go to bed. I will email you a link later. It really does work.

Becky Noftle said...

Those pics remind of Jace Christensen's when he was a baby. And the senility is genetic?? Bummer

melanie said...

Oh my word let that kid cry it out, he's huge! He could eat an inch or two of each limb and you'd never notice. :) No more every half hour....he's too old! And you're too old to not get sleep (I know because I love my sleep too). Don't kill me for that one. Love you!

Ok my lecture is over. Will is so adorable and I cannot believe he's already over 10 months. Sigh, it just goes too dang fast.

Holly said...

I don't know how you function getting up every half hour....well actually from reading the beginning of your blog...you are having a hard time functioning! I don't blame you. SLEEP WILL SLEEP!

Holly said...

He's soo cute though...how can you get mad at those rolls. Even all hours of the night!

Louise said...

Lack of sleep = fuzzy head, not to be confused with early onset of senility. He is so dang cute, but really, at his size and ripe old age, he should be doing better than that! Come on Will, step it up a notch!