Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Been A Couple Weeks Now...

...that Bubba has been walking!!! "What?", you ask. Yes. Will is walking. We thought he would be a late bloomer, what with having to haul all that extra weight around ((actually, he's thinning out now (22 pounds 14 ounces), and we can see that he does, indeed, have a neck)), but he's beaten Abby and Carson with his mad walking skills. They were both 14 months when they started taking consistent steps and he was 13. Preston schooled them all and was cruising around at 10 months.

~Making his way from the boy's desks to the red bench...and on into the kitchen again with a black crayon in hand...that he was munching on 30 seconds before I started taking picutres.~

It's super cute to see him high-stepping (and I MEAN high-stepping, he lifts his little knees as high as they will go) through the family room towards the kitchen in search for something to eat, even if it's the dish soap from under the kitchen sink. He's not picky. He's still trying to figure out how to stand on his own without the support of something to pull himself up on and is braving stairs a little more too. I love this stage! It's bittersweet watching him grow and learn new things everyday.

~I can now appreciate how hard it is to get a picture of a baby in motion. Blurry city! Can you spot him attempting the tile step?~

6 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, he's growing up! And I can totally appreciate the blurry ones - I always get grief about having no pix of JD, but he is just SO HARD to catch being still!! What a cutie.

Louise said...

He looks so pleased with himself! Way to go Will, you are so grown up and handsome, we miss your chubbiness!!

Shannon said...

cute!

Heather said...

Soo Cute!!!

Holly said...

What a handsome fella! Make him STOP growing up. He looks like he is loving the whole walking thing. Way to go Will! Love you guys!

Holly said...

What a handsome fella! Make him STOP growing up. He looks like he is loving the whole walking thing. Way to go Will! Love you guys!