Wednesday, November 3, 2010

October In A Blogshell

My computer was being retarded (we can blame Trevor for downloading a dumb software that wouldn't let me go online) and as a result, I haven't blogged about the many many many many many things we did last month. Hang on tight, here's the review in photos...
In the early days of October, we went to the pumpkin patch with Preston's scout group. Abby loved the little "baby pumpkins" and William went from gourd to gourd trying to power lift them. He was even able to move a few of them...a couple of inches at a time.


The next several are all about Disneyland. We went 6 times in October. 5 of the trips in only 10 days. Carson's annual pass expired on his birthday and we did a few (or 6) marathon excursions.


I finally broke down and stood in line for a character picture. Notice that Carson is absent. He was hiding under his Indiana Jones hat.


The Buzz ride is always a favorite since it's cool and EVERYBODY gets to ride it. A win/win for mom and kids.


On the last trip, Daddy met us there and took Carson on the Indiana Jones ride. He's been begging for this for a year, but still wasn't tall enough. We fudged it this time and folded a pair of Daddy's socks and put them under Carson's heel to give him that extra "lift". He almost backed out. You can see the excited nervousness in his eyes. He claims to have loved it but declined a second go round.


We also braved Toon Town for the first time. We've heard rumors that it's filled with Characters. It is. But I told Carson that he'd have to deal with it so that his brothers and sister could enjoy it at least once. He grudgingly agreed. Or maybe he didn't really agree...just had no choice in the matter.


Carson did get a birthday breakfast. We broke from the traditional breakfast in bed. It wasn't on my account. He was up at 6:00am on a Saturday and I was sleeping off the Friday night Disneyland adventure. Chocolate chip pancakes in front of Saturday morning cartoons seem to be as good as it gets for this guy though.


We had a small get together with a couple of our closest family friends on his actual birthday and did cake and ice cream with the extended family on Sunday night (but I forgot my camera then).

We played bocci ball and watched Besty and William fight over cupcakes. When Trevor and I cut Will off from having anymore sugar, he went begging to our known weak link, Kirk and Heather.


Disney trip number 6 was divine! I got to see a fabulous friend (and former Visiting Teacher) from Utah, the incredible, Sally. I had her oldest daughter in Sunbeams (3-4 year old primary class). She's now a young lady and I had a really hard time wrapping my head around that. Miss Sally and I hadn't seen each other in 5+ years but we picked up right where we left off. I love that lady!


Abby also got to meet Jessie on this trip. She wouldn't stop hugging her. There may be a restraining order against her now.


Abby also had her first pre-school party! We were so sad that Miss Heather was out of town, but we love us some Miss Cindy so it was all okay! I think Miss Tami was happy when it was all over;) The kids were all so stinkin' cute marching in their parade and singing us Halloween songs. It's weird to actually have a child sing voluntarily now. Weird but thouroghly enjoyable.


The next night was the ward Halloween party. Good times. All the candy kept Will from melting down even though it was an hour past bedtime without the buffer of an afternoon nap. Abby disappeared with some bigger girls and the boys spent the night terrorizing all the big boys (see Preston slicing cousin David's throat?).


Sunday night we decided to forgo Trick-or-treating and instead had a party at Mimi and Papa's. And since I haven't mentioned it before, we were parents to a Ninja, Indiana Jones (you're shocked, I know), a witch (it runs on my side of the family), and a spider (that I'm pretty sure Trevor was afraid of). Since two of the costumes were borrowed, and one was a Christmas gift from last year, and one was 70% off, I spent a total of $20 on everything, weapons and accessories included. Not a bad year.


Scenes from the night. I love Dylan's eyes! Crack me up! And Brandon had to get in on a little "hot potato/pumkin" action.


Will was all about Auntie Ashley, Abby was all about Jakey, and Preston and Carson were all about who was getting the bigger haul.


This was the best picture I could get. All the others either had Carson sulking, Abby blurry, or William picking his nose (which he was going for here but I manange to shoot before his finger found it's way home).


Whew! I did it! Kudos if you actually hung in there!

7 comments:

Sally said...

Disneyland was only better because we went together. I'm still smiling thinking about it. And thanks for taking cute pictures of my kids. I forget so often.

Holly said...

Great catch up post. Don't those feel good when they are over? I love their matching Halloween jammies! And their costumes of course! Disneyland 5 times in 10 days sounds FUN but exhausting! You are super Mom! Can't wait to see you in a few days.

Heidi said...

Those jammies are adorable! That's a cute picture of them. How nice would it be to live so close to Disneyland and you could go in a day?! That's awesome. Way to take advantage of the passes.

Katie said...

I always love reading your blog. You're too funny :0) Plus your kids are pretty dang cute too!

Louise said...

Wow, I'm tired just looking at all those activities! The pictures were great, almost as good as seeing those adorable faces in person, thanks for making that long trip alone. You are my hero!

basquegirl said...

I am not even going to complain that *I* don't even have a tag on this blog...I can assure you BFF that I read it WAAAAAY more than Miss Heather. See? I was just stating a fact which is so different than complaining. And I love the pic of Miss Tami!

melanie said...

Your catch up posts are impressive! Looks like it was a great month with all those Disney visits. Well, except for Carson. Love ya!