Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We Went To Utah



And Braxton was baptized. It was awesome...




...until Sunday. Let me briefly explain. I left Thursday night, a day earlier that expected. I loaded all four of my chitlin's into the Corolla (yes that's right, the Corolla-the mini-van was having surgery). We made it to Vegas in good time and all got settled down to bed. Will, having had a nice 3 hour nap in the car didn't get settled down...until 2:30am. Everyone was up at 6:30am, ready to hit the road again, which I refused to do until 8am. That decision put the older boys into a fit of dismay, but really, it was their well-being I was concerned about. My goal was not only to stay awake at the wheel, but also to have enough patience in that little car not to purposely careen it off an embankment along our way. It all ended well and we made it to Eagle Mountain in decent time. The boys jumped right in with the cousin routine (in fact they didn't leave Eagle Mountain until it was time to go back to California). We had suprized the Bergholm family with our day early arrival. Tricks like that are always fun to dole out.




~Dexter and Carson have no problems jumping right in. I love it.~


Saturday went off beautifully. Brax was baptized and confirmed a member and it was a beautiful experience with an unnecessary amount of food. Tell the truth Heather, you're still eating left-overs aren't you?



~The whole family group, the big Berghom group, the small Bergholm group (this shot cost me $5...I bribed Dexter to smile and then Wes didn't) the whole group, friends and all.~

The mom/sister/girly types hit the mall afterward (to all of us over 18's displeasure). Shopping in a mall isn't as fun and wonderful as it used to be. We left the hard-core mallsters and went to Old Navy instead. Much more my speed. Then, it was off to the Distribution Center and Deseret Book to finish getting Braxton all his baptism gifts. Holly and I scored big Braxton points (the more points you get the more Braxton likes you...I'm pretty sure Holly and I are now his favorite aunts) with a leather soccer scripture case. It's freakin' rad and the second we walked into the store it screamed Braxton's name to us. It's true. We heard it all the way across the store.

~The mom/sister/girly types.~


I digress. After that, my tummy started feeling, um, not right. That yucky feel ended up lasting two days. I was up all night...doing a little soul searching...on the porceilan throne. That's all I'll say. Also up that night was Brett. Flu-ish symptoms. That morning Wesley and Dexter and Heather felt it. That afternoon, Braxton and Holly joined our fun. It wasn't really fun. Dexter projectile vomited on me and Heather. This is where I'll enter my "I told you so" to Heather. I saw it coming but she insisted that he wasn't pale like he had been when he had tossed his cookies earlier. Pale schmale.
My great buddy Ashly braved the quarantined area to come visit me Sunday night. I miss her. We laugh a lot together. She introduced me to my husband so I'll love her forever even if I didn't like her so much.
The good news is that my kids escaped from Utah unscathed, or at least with all their cookies un-tossed. Our Monday ride home was uneventful, unless you want to count the constant rain/snow all the way to Cedar City. We made it. We're whole and next time only half my kids are invited.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting this. Who knows when I'll get to doing it! Thanks so much for driving all the way to be with us. We love you guys so much and we are missing you already!

Holly said...

It was such a great weekend, minus the puke's. Sooo glad you braved the roads to come be with us. We can't wait until the next get together! Love you so much!

Becky Noftle said...

I have a feeling my cuddly baby Will won't make your cut. I'm sad.

Louise said...

You get several awards for this event, most especially the award for coming the farthest in the smallest car. Secondly for being the first to blog about it! It was great to see all of you, missed Trev though, work, work, work...

Brooke said...

Your blogs make me laugh! So fun seeing you and the kiddos. We miss you guys. Glad you and the kiddos made it home ok.

P.s. Please email me your address. Xox