So ya, I've been a blogging delinquent lately. But there is just SO MUCH going on and I can't seem to find a minute or 30 to sit down and document it all. My birthday passed (along with Thanksgiving). It was great as far as birthday's in your thirties go. Trevor took a whole day off the week prior to take me to the Happiest Place on Earth. Just us again. It was awesome. Rob and Ashley joined us and it was fun to play big kid style. I got a new camera bag from Trevor. I love it. I normally wouldn't write down my gifts but I was trying to remember what I got last year, and the year before and the Christmas's and Anniversaries in between. I couldn't. And I have a great memory. I've just misplaced it lately.


Thanksgiving was a quiet affair. Just us and Mimi and Papa. One great turkey, and an almost empty movie theater after, we deemed it a success. By the way, Tangled is all kinds of cuteness.


Black Friday brought the world 33 years of being graced with my presence. Trevor gave me the royal treatment and made me (or ordered me) breakfast in bed. Later in the day, he took me to Harry Potter and then out to Thai food. Perfection.
Monday brought me a new niece, in all sorts of dramatic style. It's not my place to give all the gorey details, but let's just say I'm so thankful that Chelsea is alive and baby Jillian is out of the NICU and home to a family that loves her. Yes, it was that dramatic. Too many blessings to count.

Friday night started out just dandy. We had a ward Christmas party and I love valid reasons not to have to cook dinner. We brought a non-member friend of Preston's who was spending the night at our house. We got home a little late, but I didn't want to be a fuddy-duddy mom so I let them play a little XBox. Evan and Luke were also over for a late nighter. Carson Walker was irritating Preston Scott a little too much (or a lot too much) which subsequently caused (or forced, in Preston's words) Preston to kick him hard enough to project him into the open door of the entertainment center. Now I'll skip the part where Trevor dang near burst a blood vessel screaming at Preston, the many, many, MANY tears on both Carson and Preston's part (Preston was devastated) and jump to the emergency room part. I only had to wait 90 minutes to see a doctor (a doctor straight out of Grey's Anatomy named Scott Walker...Carson loved that). 90 minutes of trying to calm a very nervous, very anxious, very injured Carson. I thought for sure he was going to give himself an ulcer over the anticipation of stitches. Stitches he didn't get. Evidently staples work best on scalps. One was all we needed, so there was no reason to numb him. The lidocain shot would be more painful and take longer than the actual stapling. He didn't cry but it hurt. Bad. So bad that I took him to get a Happy Meal at 2 o'clock in the morning. Trevor and William were up waiting for us...yes...at 2:30 am. Little stinker is teething again.


Thanksgiving was a quiet affair. Just us and Mimi and Papa. One great turkey, and an almost empty movie theater after, we deemed it a success. By the way, Tangled is all kinds of cuteness.


Black Friday brought the world 33 years of being graced with my presence. Trevor gave me the royal treatment and made me (or ordered me) breakfast in bed. Later in the day, he took me to Harry Potter and then out to Thai food. Perfection.
Monday brought me a new niece, in all sorts of dramatic style. It's not my place to give all the gorey details, but let's just say I'm so thankful that Chelsea is alive and baby Jillian is out of the NICU and home to a family that loves her. Yes, it was that dramatic. Too many blessings to count.

Friday night started out just dandy. We had a ward Christmas party and I love valid reasons not to have to cook dinner. We brought a non-member friend of Preston's who was spending the night at our house. We got home a little late, but I didn't want to be a fuddy-duddy mom so I let them play a little XBox. Evan and Luke were also over for a late nighter. Carson Walker was irritating Preston Scott a little too much (or a lot too much) which subsequently caused (or forced, in Preston's words) Preston to kick him hard enough to project him into the open door of the entertainment center. Now I'll skip the part where Trevor dang near burst a blood vessel screaming at Preston, the many, many, MANY tears on both Carson and Preston's part (Preston was devastated) and jump to the emergency room part. I only had to wait 90 minutes to see a doctor (a doctor straight out of Grey's Anatomy named Scott Walker...Carson loved that). 90 minutes of trying to calm a very nervous, very anxious, very injured Carson. I thought for sure he was going to give himself an ulcer over the anticipation of stitches. Stitches he didn't get. Evidently staples work best on scalps. One was all we needed, so there was no reason to numb him. The lidocain shot would be more painful and take longer than the actual stapling. He didn't cry but it hurt. Bad. So bad that I took him to get a Happy Meal at 2 o'clock in the morning. Trevor and William were up waiting for us...yes...at 2:30 am. Little stinker is teething again.
Saturday brought a visit from Santa. Carson passed his present request via me...chatting with Santa was just not in the cards this year. Normally I would have forced him to ask for the Remote Control Motorcycle himself but the boy had just been stapled back together and was running on very little sleep. I took pity on him. I was supposed to go to a photography workshop that afternoon, but napped instead. Good thing I did...
...because Sunday morning, William woke up at 3:00 am and partied until 5:00 am. He also demanded my audience at this party. Not all was lost, "The Prince and Me" was on some random network, and I got to crank out a chick flick while he tore apart the house. When I woke up at 7:00 am, my lips had been invaded by 3 massive cold sores. I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with stress and a lack of sleep. I'm looking into it.
Sunday was also my Princess's birthday. Abby is the big "Oh, four" now. I can't believe it either. I'm going to post about it all later because it has taken me 5 days to get this post done and it all still seems very overwhelming...plus my lip hurts and William just whacked Carson right on his stapled head.
3 comments:
Oh my. What a week. Haven't you figured out that life without drama is much much easier? Not that I would know...but that is what I've heard. I REALLY hope you have a quiet, relaxing, very boring weekend. Sounds like you deserve it. Love you so much! :0)
I know it's not funny, but you make me laugh. :) Hang in there!
Wow, I need a nap now, you wore me out. We are having major snow again- is spring almost here??
Post a Comment