I've been a horrid blogger lately. My excuse is that I've devoted my time to other things. The other thing being my attempt to maintain a happy, shiny, organized house. I used to have one in Utah, and in San Jose. I want one again. Trevor is begging me for one. Anyway, just as I think I have almost achieved it, (owed mostly to the neglect of my favorite past times of reading, eating ((well I still fit that one in)) and venting on this blog) my cleaning weave quickly comes unraveled. My four kids are marathon mess makers. Olympic medal worthy for sure. But I digress, I really wanted to post the pictures of the boys last day at Litel and first day at their new school. Their last day at Litel was a hard one for all of us, mostly me. I'll admit to some (and by some I mean loads of) tears. They have, however, made the new transition much more smoothly than I could have ever anticipated. I believe in miracles and one happened 3 days before their first day. Longish story short, I was out with some ladies from our new ward and happened to sit by a sweet lady who just happened to work at the boys school. She was able to tell me who the rock star teachers were in their grade levels and also put in a good word for me with the administrators. I was able to request said rock star teachers, and the boys love, love, love them. Plus, they are totally popular, being the new kids in town, and all that extra attention (although drastically inflating their heads) has helped them feel more than accepted. I don't believe that it was a coincidence that I sat by this sweet lady and count my blessings for this tender mercy. So, here they are in all their handsome glory. We will miss all our Litel Lion friends but couldn't feel better about becoming Mountain Lions.
~Carson with the petite Mrs. Tronske and Preston with the fabulous Mrs. Beach (best teacher that ever lived).~


~In front of their new blue school.~


3 comments:
I believe in miracles too, and I think you were blessed with one. Every time we get a new kiddo at school (and we've had quite a few lately) and I see that "deer in the headlight" look in their eyes I think of Preston and Carson and say a little prayer for them. They're off to a good start so relax Mom and shine that house up! Thanks for the update!
So glad they are adjusting well now! Love you guys and miss you tons!!
Phew
Post a Comment