Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blue and Gold Banquet...Our First


Yes, we have been officially dubbed scouting parents and attended our first Blue and Gold banquet (almost two years into our initial scouting entrance). I'm still not sure what it's for or why we have them, but whatever. It was a free meal and one of the coolest places I have ever been.



The theme was "50's Night" and it was held at some guys house. I know, I'm super perceptive. He was someone in our stake, that much I know. But he has the most incredible collection. There was stuff everywhere you could look. It was held in his "garage" although that is such an oversimplification. When you have 10 garage doors and one giant airplane hanger door on the end (with remote control access), plus a 50's diner attached to the front, it's not a "garage". It's Disneyland for my dad.

~Twirling amidst the cars, the elevator is behind her on her left (our right).~

As I was trying to count the number of antique cars (including a Model T) the owner (who shall still remain nameless, because I still can't remember his name) came up to chat with me. Over all there are 38 cars in just that building, plus an extensive Barbie doll collection belonging to his wife's. Picture a huge display case...no, not case...room. A glass room to showcase Barbie from 1959 to now, including the original Barbies from 1959 to the 1970's. Amazing. There were old fashion peddle cars, antique drive-in menu speaker things, a working elevator (again antique)to get you to the loft, and so much more. I still can't believe he just let us set up tables around all those cars. The man must be loaded, crazy, or both. Not that we're complaining. Well, Carson did, but that's only because I made him slick his hair back and he took issue with it.

~In their 50's garb.~

~Proof that Will was there too...cleaning off every body's plates.~

9 comments:

Louise said...

How, I never got invited to a blue and gold like that! I love, love the pics of the kids. You need to get them blown up and framed. So cute.

Mark said...

Check out Will's hair in that last photo. So cute. He's getting all grown up. Great pictures as always.

Ashly said...

That is awesome! I love the pictures! Your kiddos are adorable!

katie said...

OH MY! that picture of Carson is so cute. That needs to be enlarged. Famed. and put on the wall!

Thanks again for all your help at the party!

katie said...

I ment Framed!

katie said...

By the way this is Kerry Just realized this is signed on under my sister!

Heidi said...

That is some fancy schmancy Blue and Gold Banquet!!! That couple is VERY nice to let all of you guys in for the night. How fun. And yes, those pictures of your kids are adorable. Frame them for sure The one of Carson is awesome- i love his facial expresson!

melanie said...

Oh man, that definitely blows out Blue and Gold out of the water. Love the photos/processing. Very cool.

p.s. so strange Will wouldn't stand by the car and pose. What is he pushing 2?? Ha, love him!

Becky Noftle said...

I have to say it since no one else did--how many cars were scratched that night??