Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Please Call Me "Director"

That's our new "most frequently used" sentence around here. While I was off gallivanting in Washington, Trevor was busy interviewing for, then accepting, a new job as Director of Finance for a non-profit company here in So Cal. It comes with a raise (yeah!), a private office (yeah!), guaranteed annual raises (yeah!), plus two conference trips a year, in which they encourage their employees to bring along their significant others (triple yeah! I'm significant and get to travel)!

Although, he enjoyed his last job (minus one BIG grating irritant) they had been on a wage freeze for five years and there was no where to move up in the company. It was literally a dead end job. We have been trying and praying and applying aggressively for jobs in Washington. The cost of living there is SO very appealing. In the course of putting his resume online, however, this company found him and liked him and hired him (who wouldn't like him...he's awesome). For some reason, we are supposed to be here. I'm feeling very comforted by that and we are so excited for this new opportunity for him. There's only one aggravating equation. He likes to remind me that he's executive management now. One morning, as he was getting ready for work, he asked me to make "the director" breakfast. I haven't rolled my eyes this much since I was 14.

5 comments:

Mark said...

That's great news. He was probably only hired because of his wife though. ;-)

The Fear Fam said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great opportunity!

Louise said...

So happy for him, a little sad for us but this could be a great opportunity, can't complain about that!!

Unknown said...

Thats awesome for Trevor and for you! He has worked so hard over the years. By the way, i have always thought you were "significant"! :)

Unknown said...

Oh ya and let us know if there are openings for an accountant...