Monday, April 1, 2013

A New Post

Well, I'd almost given up on blogging.  I've had a post in the wings since October.  I dabbled with it a little in November, and then in December.  In January I finished it and tried to upload pictures.  Then after I uploaded pictures, Blogger refused to save it (rude, rude, RUDE blogger)!

In February I was still too offended to touch it and March just sort of ended before I realized it.  But its April now, I'm on spring break.  I've had the whole day without any sort of schedule (minus sending my kids off to school because their spring break didn't line up with mine).  I've cleaned out my fridge, done 4 loads of laundry and edited a few pictures.  No more excuses.  I'm going to blog!

But where exactly do I start? Should it be with the 4 birthday's I missed? The two seasons of soccer?  the holidays of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day or Easter? Should I write about my job? Jackson's brand new "he's in remission" news? Abby's first, and second lost tooth? How about her dance recital?  Or the boy's piano recitals? Or our trips to Washington and Utah for Carter and Dexter's baptisms? Seriously?  I don't know where to start, it's all so overwhelming.  It seems wrong not to post pictures.  I could start there...

Right around William's 3rd birthday, he fell asleep on the same fuzzy white blanket I had used to take his newborn pictures.  He just happened to be shirtless.  I seized the opportunity.
Before...

After.
He's my baby and he always will be.  There will be no others behind him.  It breaks my heart that he's getting bigger, and bigger.  But he's also getting better and better (and naughtier).  I do love this sweet boy.

How about Abby's dance recital?  She gets to dance with her cousin Brynn and bestie, Lily.  Both Uncle Cory and Uncle Brandon came out to see them and of course, Mimi and Papa too.
And just because I already had these collages done.  I'll throw in Christmas too.
William (who only replies to William, Will, or his favorite, Will the Thrill.  DO NOT call him Bill or Billy...you've been warned).
Our princessa.

Carson.

Preston (who now wants to go by Stone.  It's not my favorite).

There.  I posted.  It's a step in the right direction, yes?

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay!! I missed your blog and hearing all that goes on in The Miles family. Looking forward to the next blog already :)

Louise said...

I think it was fate that I happened to stop by "Spuds" yesterday for a diet coke and Lisa C. informed me you had put up a new blog post! I may never have seen these awesome pictures of my beautiful grandchildren as I had completely given up on you ever blogging again! Lesson learned, "stop by Spuds often for the most up to date news in town".

Ashly said...

Yes it is!!! I have checked over and over and figured today would be the same. But, NO, you surprised me!!! Your kids are still adorable and I still wish we lived closer!

melanie said...

Haha, your mom's comment made me laugh. Love those photos of William, I already know I'm going to be sappy about Owen forever and I. don't. care.

Don't do this to me again, 7 months is TOO long to go without a new post. You've already gone 7 days, don't make it 14 haha.

Love you!!