Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A more lighthearted post...

I didn't mean to make so many of you cry! If it makes you feel better, I was teary when I wrote it. I've been feeling a little sappy lately (tonight's no different). But, I thought you'd like to see what Abby's been up to this week. Poor baby's cutting 3 teeth and they keep going up and down and won't come through. She's been pretty sweet, but I can tell she's uncomfortable. She won't nap. It's 7:10pm and she just went down for her 2nd, sort of, nap. Her first one, at 10:30am, was only 40 minutes long. This is a girl who takes 2, 1 hour naps and 1, 2 hour nap. Crap, she's crying again. Guess I lied. She isn't down for her 2nd nap!


On a different, less painful, note, she's moving non-stop now. She's way more mobile than the boys ever were, or maybe I just don't remember back that far. She pulls herself up on the couch and walks all the way around it. She does the same thing to the walls. She's even crawling up the stairs. We're screwed.


Her noises are getting funnier too. She still growls when she's excited, that's always good for a laugh. The boys got a microphone thingy at Cory and Gina's wedding (it echos when you talk in it). She "sings" in it and gets mesmerized by her own voice. I know she's a superstar in the making, even if no one else does. Oh, and I can't forget the Dadadadadada. So, she loves him more than me. Whatever. She also had her first biter biscuit yesterday. I decided these were developed by men. No woman would have made a food this slimy, messy or nasty. She loved it.

So, here's my baby. Pretty cute, right? Right?

13 comments:

Christine said...

Poor girl. I hate it when they teethe! She is so cute.

melanie said...

You're right, definitely screwed! Once movement is in the picture, your life is over!

The biter biscuits must have been made by a man. Not only are they everything you described but they do. not. wash off! You have to scrub to get that crap off. I knew that yet still bought them for both boys more than once. I guess I like punishing myself with more jobs.

Shannon said...

Those are a mess - but they amuse the kiddos for quite a while. Like long enough to make dinner! BTW - I like her bib.

Christine said...

PS How do all 3 of your kids look so different?? I don't think any of them look alike. -Am I the only one that thinks that?? Let's see, I guess you have the mail man, the UPS guy...and I know when you lived in the townhomes you had the Airborne guy coming a lot. :) HA ha ha ha JK

Brenda said...

Christine! Shhhhh! Actually, they're all very different but are weird mixes of me and Trev. Strange huh?

Heather said...

She is getting too big!! Will you stop feeding her until we can see her again. Maybe that will slow her growth. J/K. Wish we could be there to see all her little milestones. Love ya!

Steve said...

SHe is so cute. I agree with Christine though she looks nothing like your boys! SHe is beautiful.

Ashley said...

Poor babe...teething is no fun! I can't believe I haven't met Abby! What is up with that?!??! NOT FAIR! I miss you guys! (And you always knew what you were talking about when you gave me advice...come on! :) )

Lisa said...

Alexa loves those biscuits too. Lately I've been giving her Zwieback toast. They aren't as messy and have a different texture. She'll eat the whole thing with just her 2 little teeth on the bottom. (none on top yet)

Courtney said...

Ok Brenda.. what wrong with Adalynn, we will call it lazy. She isnt even crawling yet! She does have 6 teeth though! And yes Abby is totally adorable! I cant wait to see her! We will be in Cali Nov. 19-29! Yeah!

Unknown said...

Hey you cant say screwed on here! Ha. She is a little looker Bren. You have your hands full.

Brenda said...

Courtney, that WAY excites me! And I would take teeth over mobility!

Becky Noftle said...

Ahhh the teething days--so over that. And the diaper days---so over them too. And the bitter biscuit days---OVER!! Wow I have never felt so good after reading your blog!! By the way in my humble opionion bitter b's are totally worth the mess if they leave alone long enough to clean up a different mess they have made. Also it is interesting that your kids don't look related to each other but they all three look like both you and Trevor--way to shake things up. Zoe and Carter are Sammi's "little me". We apparently got tired of making up new formulas.