Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My BFF and My Skinny Dad

The day we flew into Washington, we met up with my BFF Katie for lunch. It was so fun to sit and visit with her and comforting to know her life is just as chaotic and loud as mine. She has Ella who just turned 5 and the twins, Bobby and Sunny who will be 4 this summer. They are 18 months apart! She is one of those creative, capable types and I'll be honest, I can't imagine a more perfect husband for her. Sam is the best. For Christmas, he gave her a matted and framed, grass, dirt, sweat, and blood stained football jersey. It's not as gross as it sounds. It was her dad's jersey. He died the year after we graduated from high school. Sam would be just what Scott (Katie's dad) would have wanted for her. Whoa, way off track there, sorry. That was more for my benefit than anyone else's. Here we are in all our numbers. A moment of silence for the Red Robin bus boys who had to clean up after us.
Me, Abby, Carson, Trev, Pres, Sam, Sunny, Bobby, Katie, and Ella

Katie, Bobby, and Ella and Sam teaching Preston and Sunny how to meditate.


Here are some "not doing him any justice" pictures of my Dad on his birthday, Dec. 26th. I'm not bragging but, he's lost 70 pounds since August. I'm so proud of him!
You can see it in his face here.

Look at that teeny belly!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

New nickname... Mr. Hotty Man! Looking good!!! We miss you guys way too much. xoxo

Christine said...

After seeing some of your nieces, I think Abby looks like your family. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Becky Noftle said...

Novel idea--use camera at family events and major holidays such as Christmas. Hmmm I might just try it next year.