Monday, February 18, 2008

Awards, Glue, & Love

In my ranting over Trevor's vast (roll eyes) threshold of pain, I overlooked a couple of events this past week. So here they are, in backward order.


Valentines Day. It was lovely. We always make it a family occasion since Trev and I pamper ourselves two days prior. Here's the usual candlelit dinner (Trevor still in his jammies). The kids got Valentines from us and Preston surprised us with one too. So sweet, huh?


Abby at the doctor. She's all into my wallet and purse/diaper bag lately. It's cute for a second or two.


Carson snuck into his bathroom to "do" his hair. The gel I use on the boys is called "glue", for good reason. Carson used half the tube. Not cute for even a second.



Preston got a reading award at school! After the year he's been having, this was an awesome surprise. We got to go watch an assembly honoring him, albeit for 30 seconds, but still. He's being honored! We're proud of him! Carson got sick of the whole thing pretty quick. He's successfully avoiding picture time. To top it all off, he got a gift certificate to Que Pasa. This is the California version of Cafe Rio:) Fabulous! We'll be redeeming this tonight for FHE.

Skip ahead to the 50 second mark to see Preston get his award. I won't lie to you, it may be one of those videos that only a mom can enjoy.


14 comments:

melanie said...

Oh come on, Carson wasn't even cute for a second? Did you grab the camera so you didn't kill him? I can totally relate with the antics Dane pulls around here.

Way to go Preston! Hope dinner was good, gotta love a free meal!

The Fear Fam said...

Aww, family candlelight dinner... that is so cute.

So... guess who has strep now? Jay! Except I can't do anything to help him and he's at the mercy of the not-very-nice EMS staff. He's miserable. Maybe Trevor can send him an uplifting text message about the miraculous powers of penicillin. ;)

~A

The Fear Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joneel said...

What a family.!!!

Louise said...

Please tell Preston his Grandma Louise is sooooo proud of him. I knew he could do it if he set his mind to it. Speaking of Valentines Day, I actually bought cards and intended to send them with a little money, but no- they are still in the bag on the bed in one of the extra bedrooms. It's the thought that counts, right?

Brenda said...

Louise, yes the thought counts, but we charge interest.

Liz said...

What has been wrong with Preston at school? Or did I read in to that wrong? I love the hair job.

Shannon said...

Everyone's plate is clean - good job, Mom!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's day and congratulations Preston!

Holly said...

Way to go Preston!! We are very proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Kenise said...

Kids love to get into the hardest things to get off of them. Camryn got into a tub of Eucerin Lotion and proceeded to cake it all in her hair and face!!! It took at least 5 times of shampooing before we got most of the oil out of her hair!!
Love Trevor's outfit and styled hair for Valentines--I'm glad to see he's the same old Trevor!!!!

Becky Noftle said...

Way to go Preston way to go,(clap, clap) You were a cheerleader Brenda you know the tune--give him the cheer from Aunt Becky!

Katie said...

I love the "glue" picture! Points to him for at least trying to be self-sufficient. How many times did you have to wash his hair to get that out?

Congrats to Preston. That's great. Gotta love certificates, big smiles, and free food!

Devri said...

Brenda you are so cool, one day I want to be just like you, and maybe one day, I can blog too. Men are the biggest babies in the world, but I have found out when you are the only bread winner in the family, at least with my husband, he is very sick, and still puts on his ok face and goes to work, almost everyday. I am the one who needs to lose the weight but after the baby, I am going to go on that chinese herb diet. maybe that will work. thanks for letting post on your oh so cool blog. devri