Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All Things Carson



I feel like there hasn't been much talk about Carson lately, which is weird since he's my biggest, I don't want to say challenge, but... yes, challenge. He's definitely still his own little dude and can be stubborn as the day is long. So here's a list of all things Carson...
1. He loathes going to and getting ready for church, but once he's there he's cool with it. He does get a little squirmy during sacrament meeting, but so do I. I can't blame him for that. He's either a perfect angel or a perfect devil during primary. There's no grey area for him.



2. He wants to be 5 so he can play baseball. It bugs him to no end that his birthday isn't the same day of Preston's games. He gets mad at me when I tell him that he is still 4.

3. He is such a mama's boy. He follows me around the house, begging me to feed him, or play cars with him. Honestly, he's ALWAYS hungry. Strange that he can't finish a meal, really.

4. He's still obsessed with Cars, and just spent $30 of his own money on new collector cars.


5. He has to snuggle something every night in bed. Nine times out of ten it's cars.

6. He loves to have his back tickled (like father, like son).

7. He loves to make Abby laugh, and he is to cool for school, in his own eyes, when he succeeds.



8. He hates playing cars with Abby. It's WAY too frustrating.

9. He loves applesauce, pb&j, chocolate milk, apples, mac and cheese, and sugar.



10. He hates that he can't have sugar during the week anymore and gets irritated at me when I tell him "no, it has sugar in it".

11. He loves being outside.



12. He lives for mud.

13. He's a speed demon on his Cars bike (not really, but to him, it's fast).



14. He will spend all day in his Batman jammies and knows when it's not a school morning. I let him stay in his jammies as long as possible on those days.

15. He has always hated to be swung around or tossed in the air, unlike his brother and sister, but he's my biggest daredevil as long as he's in control of the situation.

16. He has one volume. Loud.

17. He loves taking a bath. I'm grateful since he lives for mud.



18. He loves preschool when it suits his mood.

19. He loves his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends, when it suits his mood.



20. He's still very upset about Pres. Hinckley dying and wants to know why he got old. Then he asks me if, on his next birthday, he'll be old too. It's mildly disturbing to be honest.

21. He can obey if it suits his mood, but it rarely does.

22. He's adamant that he CAN'T clean up his toys. This is where he's the most stubborn. He'll sit in front of the toys for 30 minutes, before I threaten to take them away (which I've done several times). Then he picks up in a matter of minutes.

23. He LOVES Preston. They are best buds and hardly ever argue. I don't know how I got so lucky there.



24. He loves to be read to. He'll pull out all the books in the bookcase too.

25. He loves to wrestle with his dad. He goes it to fits of hysteric laughter when Trevor even gets close to touching him.

26. He has the greatest laugh! It's infectious.

27. He wants to go hunting with his dad this year. When ever he sees jerky, he thinks it's deer meat.



28. He knows all his letters and their sounds. He has for awhile now and likes to quiz ME on them.

29. He came up with Preston's nickname all by himself. While giving them flashcards, the letter P showed up. Preston would always exclaim "that's my letter". Shortly after, Carson started calling him Piggy. There was a pig on the flashcard. The name has stuck and Preston has been Piggy ever since. It's Pig for short.

30. He has the best freckles and biggest blue eyes.



31. He's great at giving hugs and kisses at the most opportune moment. It's saved his hide more than once.

So that's our Carson. We love him and are so grateful that his bedtime is now 7:30. Seriously, Carson and I have a cool bond. It's different than with Pres and Abby. He's my little shadow and although it can drive me a little more than loony at times, I know I'd be lost without him. Here's to you my little buckaroo!

*Editor's note: He just came into the office whining that he's "hungry"!

17 comments:

CaraDee said...

Wow, in the second picture, I thought it was Preston! What a nice post. I'd like to make one about Eamon, but I'm too busy strangling him....

thomalee said...

Oh how we miss little Carson! I think he and Rachel would get along just fine these days. I'm glad to hear that story about President Hinckley. We've had a lot of the same questions...I guess it must be a four-year-old thing.

The Fear Fam said...

My middle child only has one volume and is perpetually hungry, too! Dang kids. ;)

I love the pic of him on the trampoline. So cute!

~A

The Fear Fam said...

P.S. - you're a genius! Keeping both dresses and buying a 3rd is the PERFECT solution!

(By the way, can I borrow a few dollars?)

;o)

Heidi said...

Funny post! I had to laugh at how he gave Preston that nickname! That is so funny. It's appropriate he is so obsessed with cars and his name is CARson!!!

Liz said...

I am convinced that the 2nd child is the Stubborn one. Lexi is going to be the death of me. He is a cutie though, I love the eyes.

Holly said...

We love Carson and miss him so much. He is such a sweeite...if it suits his mood! Thankfully we usually get to see the good side of Carson. Why doesn't he get sugar during the week now? That makes me a little sad for him.

melanie said...

I have this on going research project (unscientific of course) about the second child syndrome. Carson fits the mold perfectly!! In fact almost all 2nd children do! Well with the data that's been collected so far, ha.

Dane is very much like Carson. If and when it suits his mood, you'll know it. With anything that is.

Love all the photos.

Heather said...

What a great post! Carson is such a cutie! I miss him! Dex talks about him constantly. I always thought my number 2 was a doozie until I got my number 3. Don't get me wrong- Brax can still be very stubborn at times- but Dexter is beyond stubborn. What's up with that? I thought the 3rd was supposed to be easier???

Louise said...

I absolutely LOVE that last picture of Carson. I think you need to send me one-please, please, please. How could anyone so adorable be anything but perfect! J/K, I've been around Carson, you have described him amazingly well. Love and miss you all. Mom

Jyll said...

What a cutie! He reminds me of Kellen...a lot! I love reading about all his little Carsonisms! I just might copy you and do the same with my boys:)

Christine said...

I have to agree with Liz about the 2nd one being stubborn. I can already see it in BigE.
What a cute little guy you have. Doesn't it seem like you just had him a year ago??? Where does the time go.

The Fear Fam said...

Brenda, I know this makes 3 comments from me on the same post, but I just noticed you have another friend with a son named Dexter! Craziness! We need to form a club or something! ;)

~Amy

Joneel said...

OH MY GOSH> LONG POST. I'm going to have to get to know Carson. Sounds like an interesting little person.

Becky Noftle said...

Luckily for me my 2nd child is not stubborn, or challenging, or into obeying when it suits her mood, or doing her homework when it suits her mood, or cleaning her room when it suits her mood, or treating us like humans when it suits her mood. Guess that blows the 2nd child syndrome right out of the water!

Shannon said...

Such pretty blue eyes!

Ashley said...

So SWEET! Brought a few tears to my eyes...if you must know! I'm SO SAD I haven't seen you IN SO LONG! I need to see you and your fam! Coming to UT anytime soon?! Thanks for sharing all these things about Carson! I LOVE IT! :)