Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Number 100 Baby!

I'm not bragging or anything, but this is my 100th blog post. Crazy, right? So, in honor of this momentous occasion, I'm going to steal from Cousin Melanie again. I'm going to list 100 things about me. It was a lot harder than it would seem. I had to dig deep my friends, real deep. So without further ado, I give you...

My 100

1. I enjoy reading books, I have several that I will read over and over and over and over...

2. I love being pregnant. Seriously. I love my belly, feeling the baby, getting pampered, the backaches, everything. It's amazing to me and I try to be positive and stressless throughout. I think (but it's probably not true) it's contributed to my mellow babies.




3. I love the smell of gas, cows, and grass.

4. I love me a clean, organized house and it bugs me to no end that I have so much clutter.

5. I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning my house.

6. I don't like clothes shopping for myself. It's way too frustrating.

7. I love almost every kind of food. It's a curse.

8. I'm don't pay attention to what I'm eating. For instance, one time at Del Taco, Trevor ordered a steak burrito, and I, a chicken. I was half way through A burrito when Trevor started on his, that was actually mine. I would never have noticed. It irritates him.

9. I'm somewhat witty (more on paper than in person).

10. I've been told I'm loud. WHATEVER!

11. Trevor's sisters say I'm patient. Right now, my sisters are saying "WHATEVER"! It depends on the situation, I guess. I'm way more patient with people other than my own family, and I want to change that.

12. I love newborns. They have the best smell and, oh their ears! I have a thing for baby ears. It takes me several months to feel annoyed when being woken up to feed them. I actually get excited to see them in the middle of the night.


13. I love shaved legs on clean sheets (stole that straight from Mel).

14. I love old movies (anything with Audry Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable).

15. A pet peeve of mine is story toppers.

16. I'm a story topper. I'm trying to be better about this. The first step is acceptance, right?

17. I love how I feel after I exercise.

18. I hate how I feel while I'm exercising.

19. I'm a morning person now, but I stay up way too late.

20. I love playing softball. I have dreams I'm still in high school playing.

21. When I run, I'm slow as molasses in January.

22. I have blue eyes but wanted brown (I swear Melanie) when I was a little girl. I wanted to look like Molly from Annie. I like my eye color now.

23. I really wanted to serve a mission. I knew marrying Trevor was the right thing to do. We'll go on one later. :)

24. I love The Office and Pushing Daisies.


25. I avoid crying at all costs. I will only watch movies that are animated or romantic comedies now.

26. I kind of enjoy a Diet Coke now and then (now and then in 30 minutes from now).

27. My dream date is to have a whole day alone with Trevor, no kids, no worries, no agenda.

28. I love to talk. A lot. Sometimes loudly.

29. I play pinochle.

30. I love to wrestle with Trevor and the kids. But mostly with Trevor. ;)

31. I love taking pictures and want to learn how to do it well.

32. My hair is schizophrenic. It's straight on the bottom, curly in the middle and wavy on top.

33. I think labor and delivery is fun. It's so exciting and I love the whole of it.

34. I like having alone time.

35. I love cheesy musicals. I would see a musical every week if I could.

36. Another pet peeve is poor grammar and spelling. It's called spell check people! Please don't point it out if I have made any errors.

37. My BFF is Trevor.


38. I get super grumpy when I'm hungry.

39. I really liked cosmetology school. I love doing other people's hair.

40. I hate doing my own hair.

41. I would rather clean the bathrooms than do the dishes.

42. I'm a pretty laid back mom. Germs and dirt don't scare me.

43. Rodents and reptiles freak me out. The way a snake moves is unnatural.

44. I regret not finishing college. I was to indecisive on what I wanted to do. When I finally figured it out, I quit to put Trevor through school.

45. I wanted to be a teacher, a cosmetologist, a physicians assistant, or a dental hygienist, but couldn't make up my mind.

46. The only thing that I KNEW I wanted to be was a mommy. I think that's why I had a hard time deciding on a career path.


47. I don't punch like a girl. At least, that's what Trevor says. It's all part of the wrestling thing. I like to provoke him a little.

48. I seek others approval. I wish I didn't worry about this so much.

49. I miss my sisters and mother daily.


50. The majority of the time I feel the spirit, is when music is involved.

51. I live for Preston's smile.


52. I'm fairly athletic.

53. I have come to accept my thumbs (they look like toes). They used to bug me, but I like that they are unique.

54. I love watching baseball. Go Mariners!

55. I'm smart. I'm not bragging or anything.

56. I'm sensitive. I can't watch scary movies anymore (or anything intense really). I'll have nightmares for weeks if I do.

57. I'm grateful for the house we live in, but I miss having my own house to paint and decorate.

58. I love getting Abby out of bed in the morning. She's so excited to see me. I just love her enthusiasm at the beginning of the day.

59. I have a phobia of open water and bridges.

60. I watch the History Channel.

61. I love sauces. I'm one of those people who desperately wants to lick the plate at a restaurant. I don't, but you should see me at home. I get this from my mom. Fry sauce anyone?

62. I don't like my handwriting, it's bipolar. Maybe even tripolar.

63. I eat out too much.

64. Fall is my favorite season. I love the weather, the colors and my birthday presents.

65. I swore I would never marry any one from Southern California. I'm glad I did though.

66. My greatest fear is losing my children. I couldn't handle it if they were abducted.



67. I dig Google. I love getting absorbent amounts of information on ANYTHING! I love gaining knowledge.

68. I feel "off" if I don't talk to Trevor a couple of times during the day.

69. Holly and Heather were in the delivery room when I had Carson. I felt like something was missing when I had Abby. It was them.

70. I went to New York with 3 friends when I was 15. It was da bomb. I want to take Trevor there.

71. I love all things girly, pink or sparkly.

72. I have the ability to turn any argument at our house against Trevor. Even if I'm at fault, I can get him to feel guilty and apologize. I can't stand to lose a fight and I hate that I do this.

73. I have no self control while I'm reading a book for the first time. My kids only get the bare necessities, breakfast, lunch, dinner and the occasional bum wipe.

74. I hate confrontation. I won't even watch the American Idol Auditions. It makes me too uncomfortable. It's the same feeling when I have to return something without a receipt.

75. I fear earthquakes. Evidently, I've been in 4 since living here, but I have yet to feel one.

76. I enjoy writing and being creative that way. I'm not crafty at all, so this is my artistic outlet. Blogging gives me great practice and I love that.

77. I want to tour Europe, BAD!

78. I used to be jealous of Trevor's old girlfriends. I eventually got over it.

79. Trevor gave me a lot of my self confidence. He makes me feel incredibly smart, pretty, and talented.

80. I live for Carson's laugh.




81. I have to be in the mood to cook. This doesn't help with the eating out problem.

82. My mother and grandmother epitomize what it is to be a lady. I wish I had that quality.

83. I love roses.

84. I have a weird sense of pride in Royal City.

85. I love to bug Trevor when he's mad or frustrated, until he laughs.

86. I hate it when he makes me laugh when I'm mad.

87. I torture Abby everyday. I love accessorizing her down to bows, bracelets, shoes, and earings.

88. I love helping other people. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's at the expense of my family.

89. I could spend all day in bed with Trevor. Get your minds out of the gutter! I mean talking, reading, watching T.V., snuggling, or...whatever...

90. I love listening to high school football. ROYAL high school football to be specific.

91. I live for Abby's kisses. She rarely gives them to me.

92. My favorite time of the day is after we put the kids to bed. Is that bad?

93. I have a horrible body image. I don't want to pass that on to Abby.

94. I broke my mother's neck when I was 16 (she's not paralized).

95. I like to take walks with my family.

96. I'm scared of Abby growing up to be like me. Especially around the ages of 11-15.

97. I love to sing and wish I had a stronger voice.

98. I find anything medically related fascinating.

99. I used to be competitive, but I've grown out of that (mostly). Or, maybe not because I've matured but because Trevor has vowed never to play another game with me if I keep taking it too seriously.

100. I love babysitting. It's an easy way to entertain my own kids.

25 comments:

Katie said...

I love when people do these - it's a great way to get to know more about people. I have the same regret about not finishing school. I figure it's one of those "season" things - someday I'll get back to it! Congrats on the 100th post!

The Fear Fam said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I love your list and have discovered that we have quite a bit in common. For instance, I too love The Office, New York, and putting the kids to bed. I also get extremely obsessed when I'm reading, so #73 made me laugh out loud.

~A

Sally said...

I swore I would never marry a Utahn. Rats. You're lucky you got a So Calian. So lucky. And so lucky to be living there.

Becky Noftle said...

Good post Brennie. But you forgot a few things;
101: I have totaled many cars in my life, most of them not my own.
102: I lost my Dad's wedding ring in High School, I was being disobedient at the time.
103: I waited less than one minute to move into my big sisters' room the DAY she left for college.
104: I cry when I enter Disneyland.
105: My big sister Becky is da bomb, I'm serious she is way awesome, I aspire to be like her.

That's all I have time for right now---trust me there is more!!!

Christine said...

Wow, yours are deep. I need to finish mine, and make them a little more deep. I loved #72. I started laughing when I read it. And #88 is SOOOO you! You are always helping someone-that always amazed me about you.
PS Is Trevor sharing his musical talents yet?? Or is he still hiding it under a bushel??:)

Christine said...

PS I'm going to start sending my newborns to you for the fist 6-8 months and then you can send them back. :)

melanie said...

I love when someone does an 100 list post! You did a great job! The boys holding Abby's hands, that photo is priceless! Seriously you love being pregnant?!!!

And Becky's 5 aren't half bad either. Couple post ideas...the wedding ring story. Your kids will love to read that one day! And tell me you have pictures of all the cars you wrecked. That would be a great post too, ha!

Cheryl Anne said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post, especially your tidbits about pregnancy, labor and newborns. I needed that :) I've been so anxious about it being too early, and migraines and such, that I'd nearly forgotten the result. I LOVE newborns! Not so much with you on labor and delivery though. LOL. And I really need to just savor every last second of this pregnancy just in case it is the last. Thanks for the perspective :)

TheShippenFamily said...

I love reading these.
I am unsure about the love being pregnant thing but then again I am little bias on that one right now.
I have always thought Preston had the cutest smile he was born with it. I remember what a happy baby he was.

Heidi said...

Very Funny and very interesting! I had several of things in common with you. I agree with Christine though about you taking the babies until 6 months old! I like being prego, but not the early baby stage. No sleep- ugghhh!

Unknown said...

I love it Brenda! You're too funny. I don't think I could come up with 100 things about myself, so just that I am impressed with you! Your family is adorable and I love your pictures.

Jyll said...

Wow! A 100 posts? And how did you come up with some much intriguing info? Do you want to be pregnant for me? This time around has lost it's charm. It is cool to feel the baby though. I just want my body back...once and for all. How selfish is that????

Heather said...

Love you Bren. You are amazing, and such a great mom! (and Aunt!) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Watch out Disneyland- here we come! I liked #91- I could kiss Dexter all day long. There is something about a sweet yet naughty little 3 year old who just melts my heart. Great post!

Louise said...

Wow-how long did it take you to do that? That was very impressive, I must say! I hate to admit it, but I learned a few things I didn't know about you, how bad it that? Mom

Joneel said...

OH MY GOSH !!! you already have 15 comments. I wish that many people left comments on my blog. I guess only having one kid at home
is a little less impressive. = )
It was very fun to read all those things about you. You seem like my kind of person.

Devri said...

your a hoot!!! Loved your blog, I'm with you, I love the pregnancy and labor and delivery. Even at the beging when I am almost dead..:} I think you are a wonderful person. And No not a 15 passenger, and I can't type, spellcheck, so don't hate my comments, don't have time to spellcheck, really don't have time to blog, but I think I am addicted. HELP

CaraDee said...

Okaym so I gave up reading at 62. But what are ya gonna do about it? Congrats on 100.

Devri said...

so you suck, not like 17 comments isn't enough for you, you go and make me reply on your blog too. Spoiled, always have been, always will.:} They are hanging in there, I talked to Chantelle today, just doing it day by day, Zack is struggling, but that is to be expected iguess, they have alot of people helping them out, so that is good, I just like to call and give support, cuz I know what she is going through, she has to work, and that must be hard on the children, but they need the insurance. I told her there is always medicaid, so well see what she does with that, take care,devri and p.s. #100-- do you want to come down and bring your kids when I have the baby, babysitter lover!!!!

Liz said...

You know what you looks hot pregnant too!

CaraDee said...

Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything, just opening my dumb mouth. I love ya. I caught up on some more later...i'll finish tomorrow.

CaraDee said...

#89: I can't get Bran to stay in bed. He's too ambitious to laze about. Damn him.
#92: Completely completely completely agree. That's why I stay up so late...so I can have more ME time.

Unknown said...

This is great Brenda. I think i will steal this idea as well but i think I am pretty far from 100 posts. It would take a long time to think of 100 things about me. So for the 200th post will there be 200 things about you? better start now. :)

Unknown said...

Ok just kidding, I just actually checked and it appears i have 109 posts now. So my next post should be 110 things about me!! Sweet...

Shannon said...

That was fun to read, Brenda!

I remember when #94 happened because I was on my mission and my Dad called to tell me.

#82 is so true. I can't wait to see Grandma again!

I am the same way with #73. Good thing there will be no more Harry Potter books.

Can a person really love the smell of cows? I guess it does remind me of going to Moses Lake.

Please post a picture of your thumbs!

The Cardenas Clan said...

Geesh, I don't think I could even come up with 100 things about myself. Well done!