Monday night I was supposed to go to a discussion with the missionaries. Wait, back up. I've been teaching the discussions to a cute couple with the missionaries. We had them over to dinner on Friday and they've been coming to church and sitting with us. They even came to Conference sessions on Sunday. They are a sweet couple with an adorable two year old.
One of the missionaries is Elder Clarke. He's actually from Kittitas! Some of you really don't give a rats left nostril about that, but the rest of you know that my family lived there for 6 years. If you're Melanie and Super Cool Aunt Dee Ann, you lived there too! He's big into baseball and his coach was Mitch Barker. Again, some of you don't know or care who Mitch is, but the rest of you know he was one of my best buds in high school and my next door neighbor for 10 years. Anywho, Elder Clarke loves baseball and knows where Spokane Street is and informed me that Johnny's, aka "The Little Store" is still there. This is not pertinent to my story, I just love to give all the information.
We had another appointment with the Elders on Monday but after Conference was over, Adam and Jessica had to reschedule. They had tickets to opening day to the Quake game. Some of you don't know or care who the Quake are, but some of you know that they are the single A farm team for the Angels. Elder Clarke was non too happy about them cancelling an appointment to go to a baseball game! I was fine with it since they invited us to go.
It was so fun! Well, it was so fun for 4 out of 5 of us. Carson lasted about 5 minutes then they brought the mascots out. Some of you know that Carson is deathly afraid of mascots, Disneyland characters and the Chick-fil-a cow (he had an embarrassing episode there, jumping on top of the table and screaming at the top of his lungs). He spent the ENTIRE game like this...,
until he fell asleep.
Since it was opening night, they had fireworks after the show. We woke Carson up so he didn't miss everything.
The Quake won, which was fun. Well, it was fun for 4 out of 5 of us. I was bummed. They were playing the Mavs. Some of you don't care who the Mavs are, but some of you know (probably not any of you) that the Mavs are the single A farm team for the Mariners. Whatevs.
10 comments:
Ah, poor Carson! Those mascots can be a little scary.
Besides that, sounds like a fun evening!
~A
That looks so fun. When Jax was 2 he was scared of kids with masks on. That Halloween was a bit challenging.
Looks fun! I'm jealous that you get to see fireworks in April.
I'm with Carson on the mascots thing - they can be a little freaky. That Aftershock one looks pretty big.
Gotta love Carson!! What did you do to him as a baby??? J/k
I thought you were going to say you felt an earthquake!
How sad I did not know that he was afraid of mascots.
Glad you had fun! Way to go teaching discussions!
Poor Carson! Well If he isn't too traumatized, it would be fun if we got the whole family to head out to another game.
too funny hope he doesn't have nightmares:}
It totally cracks me up that Carson is scared of mascots! I know it's not funny...but it is. I love that little guy! Glad you had a fun time. Good luck with your investigators!
Post a Comment