Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

Well, it wasn't flashy, but it was definitely a man's day. We woke Trevor up late, gave him his presents and Carson serenaded him with a rendition of "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home". Ever our little singer, that one! Then we made his annual Father's Day Breakfast of Eggs Benedict. Abby was sick, so I stayed home from church with her and LET Trevor take the boys. I'm cool like that.


~Sneaking in on Daddy~Opening homemade presents~

Seriously, though, he was pampered when he got home. He requested more eggs, parked himself on his favorite spot on the couch and watched the U.S. Open, Angel game, and Laker game. All that without a nagging wife or whiny kids blocking his view. He even ate dinner there. It was about that time that he professed his love of Father's Day. He deserves it! He's been working so hard. He's been through a lot the last few years and I'm so proud of his awesome attitude. Thanks for being a stellar dad and for putting up with me! WE LOVE YOU!


~He's so glad when Daddy comes home~

And to all the other Dads in my life, I love you and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for you. That's right, I'm blaming you. Thank you for everything and Happy Father's Day!


~The man who gave me my chin~The man who gave me my man~


~The man who gave me my mom~The man who gave me my dad~

14 comments:

Devri said...

Glad to see the daddy song was sang over there too, hope abby is feeling better.

Misty said...

I love Father's and Mother's Day. Coolest holidays ever. And, I think it's cute that Trevor even had Superman visit for Father's Day!

Christine said...

Happy Father's Day Trevor! I can't believe you guys didn't make those wontons. Those things are so freaking good. Didn't you always make those for Father's Day-or am I just crazy???

Lisa said...

It's been awhile since I've seen a picture of Grandpa! Makes me miss him.

Heidi said...

Man, I want to be Trevor for Father's Day! Looks like fun. I like the pictures of your men in your life, cute idea.

Heather said...

Great post! I love the pictures of the two Grandpa's. Super cool!

Louise said...

I loved the pictures of the Grandpas too, makes me a little homesick for the many Fathers Days we spent with those two great men. I could tell you were standing by Grandpa B in that picture because he usually didn't smile that big unless you were around! Happy Fathers Day Trevor. Love, Mom

The Fear Fam said...

I can definitely see you in your Dad and Trevor in his.
Cute post!

~A

Holly said...

Cute pictures!! Don't we have one of Grandpa A without his oxygen? Hopefully they hung out together and I'm sure Grandma B. made their day special too!

The Monson Crew said...

sweet post!

Devri said...

you've been tagged check my blog

melanie said...

Cute post Bren. I'm laughing at your mom's comment about Grandpa B's smile being that big since it's not too big at all. I do have some really good ones of Grandpa that I've taken from my mom's boxes. I should email them to everyone.

I love the boys getting ready to wake up Trevor. Too cute.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love Grandpa B & Grandpa A's glasses! Reminds me of a pair I used to wear. We need to update some of your pictures. Nice post! AD

Becky Noftle said...

I miss my Grandpa's.