Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chaos Causin' Cousin Crew

~16 Chaos Causin' Cousins~

~8 Beautiful Girls~8 Rowdy Boys~

That was the theme for our family reunion. And, living up to their reputation, the 16 grandchildren were just that. We turned Park City into a mad house. There was swimming, golfing, shopping, sliding, zipping, bobsledding, and ear piercing for everyone. It was sweltering, deafening, exhausting, disorderly, and just plain out of control. In other words, the perfect family vacation. I'm sure you all want a daily rundown on all our activites. I aim to please.

Friday-drove 8 hours to Utah and arrived at 4:30am Saturday morning.
Saturday-drove to Park City, checked into the rockin' hotel Mom and Dad got us all, and went to Olympic Park. We picked the one day out of the whole year where the price for rides there are half price from 2pm-6pm. It was crazy busy. We wised up, after waiting an hour for the alpine slide, to get rain checks and come back another day. Not to brag, but we're really intelligent that way.

~There was face painting. Trevor DID NOT want the boys to do it, he knew it would itch and drive them crazy. I disagreed.~In a bobsled at the museum. Why were my kids the only ones to freak out over the itchy face paint?~

~The alpine slides~My weird Dad and my brother playing pretend~

Sunday
-Don't judge us, but the guys went golfing while the ladies took the kids to a park and then swimming. We even played Texas Hold 'Em that night. What can I say? We like our face cards.


~How many kids can you fit on a tire swing?~G-ma Louise helping Abby down the slide. Isn't my Mama skinny?~

Monday-It was the ladies turn without the kiddies. We shopped for 6 hours. Oh, blessed outlet mall. I learned to order a pork tostada at Cafe Rio from Holly. It has the same ingredients as the pork salad only it's smaller and cheaper. Your welcome. I did have them give me a flour tortilla instead of corn. Corn tortillas make me want to spew. We organized a group (consisting of all 28 of us) FHE that night. That was entertaining to say the least. My kids sang "Stinky, Stinky Diaper Change". It ended well, with brownies. More Texas Hold 'Em that night.


~Everyone at FHE~My boys singing "Stinky, Stinky, Diaper Change"~
~Aunt Becky brought those toxic bubble straws~Tyson wanted his bubble "this big"~
~The shopping find of the day was this shirt for Dexter, it so suits him~Brownie time~

Tuesday
-Rain check day. We did the alpine slides again, Preston got to go down himself, so I could take Sydney. She tends to take after her Mother and Aunt Becky when it comes to heights. Wimps. Dad, Matt, Courtney, and I braved the EXTREME Zip line. There were two zip lines. The "EXTREME" and the "Zip Line For Wimps". I may have made up the name of that last one. Then we headed over to the bobsled to watch our super hunky men race down the track at 70 MPH pulling around 4 G's. That's equivalent to taking off in a F16 fighter jet. Not too shabby. They summed up the experience by saying, in a cool, matter of fact tone, "It was...intense". Roughly translated, they peed in their pants. Speaking of peeing in their pants...naw. I won't go there. I will say this. My mom once said, "It's not a good time unless one of us looses bladder control". We had a good time.


~Round 2 on the slides, Pres goes it alone~The EXTREME zip liners, Dad, Matt, Courtney, and I~

~G-ma wanted to try for one more picture hahahahahaha, see her holding Zoe's vomit in? Good times.~It's bobsledding time~

~Brian and Brett go first~Matt, Trev, and Dad. Any butterflies guys?~

~Feeling the G force~

Wednesday
-Kylie's birthday. She finally turned twelve and could get her ears pierced. We all gathered into Claire's for the main event. She was more than a little nervous backed. We all left, only to be re-gathered 10 minutes later. Only to leave again 2 minutes after that. Holly and Brian took her home while the rest of us shopped again. When we got home, guess who had stopped again to get her ears pierced?


~Teary girl. Kylie, don't hate me.~I don't have an after shot, but here's another pic of my beautiful niece~


Thursday-
was finish Holly's basement day. I would complain about working construction on my vacation, but I really do love to paint, so...I was okay with it. That night we met up with Quinn's family for dinner. Don't judge them, but he and Trevor bet on the Laker/Jazz series. Quinn lost and had to feed our family a steak dinner. Amy dropped by with her brood. It was extraordinary to see them all again.


Friday
- is a blur. I think there was more painting. If I remember right, we talked Holly into painting her bathroom bright orange. Heather followed suit and chose florescent green for her bathroom. I can't remember right. All the paint fumes kind of put me on an acid trip. This might have been the day we had "too much fun", if you know what I mean. The kind of fun where you're at Target and have to buy a new pair of pants because falling garbage cans are just so hysterical. I'm not naming names, so don't ask. It wasn't me, (but it almost was).


~I can't believe I don't have pictures of the basement. So here are the front and back of the rad shirts G-ma got the kids.~

Saturday-I was having paint fume withdrawals. I painted Heather's bathroom while she was working. If I close my eyes, I can still see the color. It's not subtle, that florescent green color. We met up with some old neighbors. I got homesick for Utah. Oh, how I miss the townhome drama. To ease my pain, I bought 30 loaves of Grandma Sycamore bread. What? It's good.



~Nathen, Preston, and Jackson~Ella, Lily, Abby and Livi~

~So much has happened in 2 years, namely Lily, Abby and J.D.~Megan, Brenda, and Melissa. Can someone tell me why my head is twice the size of theirs. For crying out loud.~

Sunday-we started the 9 hour drive back. California welcomed us back by making it a 12 hour drive instead. Thanks for that SoCal traffic. I missed you too.

14 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Good post Brenda, I almost had to run to target pull down trash cans and pee myself for a new pair of pants. Not too brag or anything but I'm so speedy fast I made it to the bathroom in time. Twins I must, simply must see pictures of the flourescent bathrooms.

The Fear Fam said...

What an awesome vacation! Loved the t-shirts. And are all boys named Dexter totally adorable? Must be. :)

BTW, you are totally going to you-know-where for playing cards on the Sabbath. I'm just sayin'....

;o)

Christine said...

That looks like so much fun, and I can tell your kids have so much fun with your family! There are so many kids! We were so sorry that we weren't able to meet up with you guys. We will hopefully see you in a month or so!

Christine said...

PS I don't know what you're talking about with your head. You look beautiful!

Shannon said...

Great post! Now I want to go back to Park City and try all that stuff. So, who is going to break the cousin tie of 8 girls and 8 boys?

Granny DeeAnn said...

What a great post Brenda. Super pictures. I probably know who peed in their pants. Just let me say that we were in Dillards trying on clothes, three in a dressing room, which is totally against the rules, and the dam broke. Sometime I will tell you the rest of the story...... Fun memory, thanks for bringing it back. I get to go next time. You can all roll me around in my chair! AD

Louise said...

Fabulous post Brenda, I was really chuckling as I was reading, your Dad thought I was crazy. I hope H&H send bathroom pictures, but I don't think you can get the full effect of the utter brightness in a picture like you can in person, right?
P. S. Our 12 hr trip took 12 hrs. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Katie S said...

Cute pictures! That's a great idea for a reunion.

I love the pictures of the kids (locals). Very fun!

Holly said...

Great post Brenda! Dang we had so much fun...at least the parts I haven't mentally blocked out for good! Still gettin used to the orange bathroom...who's idea was that anyway?? I had already bought a nice blue paint~

Heidi said...

Funny post! And I love getting the play by play for each day. You guys had a ton of fun even with all that craziness mixed in.

I LOVE grandma's bread too so we stock up whenever we get to Utah so that's funny you do too.

CaraDee said...

I think you should photoshop my head behind all yours, me crashing the party.
I can't believe what a busy week you had! Sounds like a blast. Glad I got to see you!

Devri said...

Wowie!!!Looks like fun- you came this way and didn;t say hi? :(

Misty said...

Family is so great and I am so glad that you got to come visit!

Ashley said...

What a great recap of the trip! That's fabulous! You're such a good blogger. :) You guys all look fabulous and looks like you had a great time. I think it could have been even better for you....IF YOU WOULD HAVE CALLED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)