Friday, August 8, 2008

Let The Awkward Stage Begin!

After weeks and weeks of anticipation, Preston has finally parted paths with his left front tooth. So long baby tooth, we will miss your tiny, perfectly proportioned ways. We look forward, with hesitation, to the gigantic tooth that will succeed you.

~Before (don't mind the dirty teeth, he'd just finished lunch) and After~

He came to me, all excited, because his tooth was hanging and bleeding a little. He wouldn't let me do the painless thread trick (which I'm really good at, not to brag or anything). He was really nervous. I asked him to get me a tissue so I could feel it without getting blood on my fingers. I promised I was just going to "gently feel it". So, I did gently feel it...while I was getting a good grip on it. Then I yanked and it was over. He called me a liar. If the shoe fits, bud. If the shoe fits.

~Hey look! Everyone is looking at me at the same time and smiling! What a concept!~

14 comments:

Holly said...

That is the exact tooth Tyson just lost! How dang cute! I am hoping they don't grow in for a while because they are so much cuter non existant that gigantic!!

Janet + Craig said...

Oh yes, the gangly, are you really my child, how much are those braces gonna cost me stage... it's fun! But so darn precious. Congrats and enjoy!

Louise said...

You may have to enlarge that last picture and put it on a wall somewhere-its so adorable. I think its a stretch to imagine Preston in an "awkward stage", he has always been so beautiful. Sorry Preston,I know boys aren't beautiful but this is a Grandmas view point!

Heidi said...

Gotta love those gigantic teeth and the awkward stage. :) I liked how you pulled it while "feeling" the loose tooth. That is so classic. My Dad always did that to us and we fell for it over and over and over so maybe we really wanted our teeth pulled out by him.

melanie said...

Oh the awkward stage. Have you seen Kathryn's mouth!!? I'm starting to panic that it wont ever look normal again, they are taking forever to grown back in. I told Heidi she needed to examine her mouth and give me the news straight, ha!

The last photo is so cute. Why are they getting so big?

Devri said...

He is cute, I love looking at the awkward stage on other kids, not just my own.

CaraDee said...

I truly am feeling bad for you now. Have you SEEN Cameron's gigantors? One came in much later than the other and is like, higher? He looks like such a dork. Takes after his momma.

The Fear Fam said...

Congrats to Preston!

How in the world did you get a shot of all 3 of them looking at you? Were you holding a cookie?

Joneel said...

Oh My GOSH !!! Already so many comments. How do you do it? ha ha
Anyway, the pictures are so cute. it's nice when they all look and smile at the camera at the same time.

Steve said...

SUch a aweet pic of them all together. Teeth make me want to puke. I am not sure what it is but they make me gag just a little. Once again this is Liz not steve.:)

Courtney said...

yay Preston! Your so cute!
Very cute picture!
See you in a couple days!!
Avery cant wait!

Shannon said...

I need to remember the tissue trick - very smart of you!

Becky Noftle said...

I would almost rather brave high heights than pull a loose tooth--almost. Luckily the school nurse/Grandma we know has pulled all of our loose teeth. You look great Preston and Mel's not kidding poor Kathryn is missing teeth top and bottom I keep meaning to have her over for corn on the cob just for funsies!

Misty said...

Ah, just tell him to smile with his mouth closed for the next couple of years. Either way, he is adorable!