Thursday, September 11, 2008

Before 7 Years Ago...

9/11 was a pretty great day for me. For instance in...

1915-My Grandpa was born. Pretty good day.



1975-My Cousin Melanie was born. Pretty great day.



1998-Trevor proposed to me. Freakin' awesome day.



2000-Found out I was going to be a mommy. In my top ten best days.



2001-Well this one kind of put a sour taste in my mouth (understatement).



I have 4 pretty good reasons to love September 11th and I'm not going to stop just because some jerk is trying to instill fear into my life. It's not going to happen. I'm not trying to disregard the tragedy, it's just that there are other, more positive reasons for me to commemorate this day. So, Happy Birthday Melly, thanks for asking me to marry you Trevor, Happy "Way to get Pregnant" Day to me, and Happy Patriots Day all!

7 comments:

Louise said...

Great post Brenda. Our glass is definitely half full! I didn't realize Trevor proposed and your pregnancy with Preston was all on September 11th too. Happy Birthday Dad and Melanie!

Becky Noftle said...

Good post Brennie!

melanie said...

Thanks Bren! I don't ever want to dimish this dreaded day but I don't want to ruin my birthday every year either! Man that sounds selfish, thankfully I'm pretty sure you know what I mean!!

So cute of your grandma kissing your grandpa. That's a real smile on his face!

Holly said...

Love it! Wow I can't believe you remember all that stuff. You've always had a good memory...even if half the stories you tell never really happened! J/K!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I always loved it that Melanie was born on Grandpa B's birthday. The only thing better would to have been born on Grandma B's birthday. Happy Sept. 11th everyone.

Misty said...

Wow, that's a pretty steamy pic of you and Trev. Have your kids seen this?!

Katie S said...

Misty makes me laugh. I was 6 days away from having a baby on Sept 11. It's still a good day. Just gives us something to think about now.