Friday, September 5, 2008

Who is Jango Fett?

To answer the most frequently asked question from my previous blog post, and to be annoyingly thorough, this is Jango Fett.



"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."
―Jango Fett

Jango Fett was a renowned bounty hunter, assassin, mercenary, and the "father" of Boba Fett, a genetic clone of his whom he raised as a son. A Human from Concord Dawn, Fett was adopted by Mandalorian warriors following the murder of his parents in 58 BBY. Years later, he would go on to lead them through much of the Mandalorian Civil War. After being imprisoned by Jedi, Jango was responsible for destroying the Death Watch, a Mandalorian group who killed Jango's mentor, Jaster Mereel.

Following the conclusion of that conflict, Jango left the Mandalorians and became a bounty hunter, quickly establishing a reputation as being one of the best in the galaxy. Later on, Fett agreed to serve as the genetic template for the clones that would form the bulk of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. When Master Obi-Wan Kenobi located Jango and Boba on Kamino, Jango fled to join Count Dooku. Though struck down by Mace Windu in combat, Jango’s legacy would live on through his son Boba, as well as his cloned brethren, who would have a profound impact on galactic history.

What? You asked. FYI I don't know or care who Jaster Mereel is, or where Concord Dawn is or understand 58 BBY as any measurement of time. I do, however, know who Obi-Wan and Mace Windu are, can picture Kamino in my head, as well as the Grand Army of the Republic. I didn't say I liked it though. Dang the 3 boys that live in my house.

11 comments:

CaraDee said...

I'm so sorry. Please tell me what has happened to you....

Louise said...

I dosed off there for a minute, but thanks anyway for the info!! How the heck do boys find this stuff even remotely cool? I'm too old to understand, I guess.

Katie S said...

You did a copy/paste on all that SW info, right? Please say that you didn't have all that going around inside your head. :)

I think I know more about boy stuff now than I ever wanted to know. Who woulda thought.

Sounds like it's time for you to bond with Abby. Go watch Cinderella.

Unknown said...

Amen to the Cinderella thing. its a good thing the boys are away now. Time for some girl stuff. I am slightly impressed though. :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

I barely made it through transformers! Good luck with Jango!

Heather said...

Awesome Post! We know Jengo very well. Dexter wants to know where Obi One is??

Heather said...

Oops- Jango not Jengo. Obi Wan, not Obi One. I suck.

The Monson Crew said...

Thanks so much for clearing that up! That is great!

Mark said...

You mean there are still people who don't know who Jango Fett is? I am so over Disney Princess and Polly Pockets. Come on Jake, grow up faster.

Cheryl Anne said...

gotta love having boys! My hubby and son are definetly star wars geeks. Didn't even occur to me that someone might know know who Jango Fett was. LOL.

The Brown Family said...

I'm so glad that I read this post tonight...I have forever thought it was JangA Fett, but I must admit that everything I know about JengO Fett, Mace Windu and company I have learned from the 3 year old next door. Before Kai was making any real sounds, Dex had taught him to hold a light saber and make the sounds!

Kim