She's a good 6 weeks early folks, but Abby has "happily" entered into her terrible twos. My once contented child now has a stubborn mind of her own and voices that mind as loud and as long as she sees fit.
This morning, while both of her brothers were broadening their minds, Abby and I were playing with my diaper bag makeup. I shouldn't do this. I know I'm setting myself up for a major catastrophe down the road, but it's fun. I would place a little lotion in her hand, and she would rub it on her cheeks, or legs, or just moisturize those chubby little hands of hers. I decided that 10 applications were plenty to hydrate my little girl's skin. Abby decided otherwise. What ensued was a tantrum that had me in fits of hysterical laughter (what can I say, I just find tantrums funny) and Abby in fits of hysteria, period. Being the ever so compassionate mother that I am, I grabbed the camera and set to collect evidence of her stubborn ridiculousness.
I am proud to announce that Abby, once she sets her mind to something, doesn't give in easily. I'm sure it's a quality she'll use later in life for the good of mankind and it's not a thorn in my side that is going to fester over time and one day be the death of me. I choose to be an optimist. After, running away from me upstairs, through her brother's room, into their bathroom, and into the corner of that bathroom, she still flung herself away from me. Although, that flinging resulted in her banging her head, first, on the wall, then, on the floor, she got her point across. She DID NOT want her mother.
I put her in her crib for a little time-out, but I'm afraid the picture taking only angered the beast. She. Was. Ticked. I can only describe it as aggravating a starved lion, by poking it in the face with a stick, I was just asking for danger. A much safer flinging ensued, as she would looked at me, scream, and then dive into the pillow and blankets to dissolve, yet again, into tears. Seriously funny stuff, my friends.
When I let her out, she tried to hide from me again, behind the crib. I was too clever and just walked around to the other side to take the picture.
This irritated her and she began wedging between the crib and the wall. I just ate it up. The blogging moment was getting sweeter and sweeter.
She'd had it with me by then and ran into the bathroom again. After a quick snap, I decided that this 15 minute episode was long enough. I forced her into my arms and wouldn't stop the snuggling her until she calmed down. A couple of Doritos later, she was my sweet, happy girl again. The lotion lay forgotten.
14 comments:
Poor sweet little Abby. Tortured by her Mother all for a "blogging moment"! Oh I do not miss the terrible two. I think I might trade them for pre-teen hormones though! Give her a hug from Aunt Holly!
She started it! And Abby and I are friends again, incase you were wondering.
Elaiasi did his two year old fit last night and went down to sleep with sissy, bad mamma for not letting him out of bed to go watch ninny dannel,
you have no idea what your in for, i just have to laugh cuz 2 isn't bad it's 3 for girls!!!!!!
I've just got to laugh because I know what it's like...love those moments. Ugh, I get to look forward to that all over again in a couple of years. Wait? I'm still in that phase with Kellen who is almost 4 btw!
Is that what I'm in for with a girl then?? (hint hint)
You are too funny! Love this and Abby will too when she reads it some day :)
Man I hate it when people take pictures of while i am throwing a tantrum.
My mom has a couple photos of me doing this exact thing up until I was at least 8. Prepare for more opportunities, I'm sure there will be many. :)
I'm so glad your experiencing the girl "drama tantrums". All those times that your boys were so chill while my girls were having fits. Glad your laughing now......we love you Abby!
that is seriously hilarious. She looks so cute- even during a tantrum. I can't beleive how much hair she has!
Oh yeah! I do have a picture of that, but it's called MELANIE!! It's funny now but just wait you're in for a treat. That's OK too, cause now she's my best, bestest, friend!!!
Oh Abby, I'm so sorry! Those pictures seriously break my heart!! I can't believe my sweet Abby would throw a tantrum- ok, maybe I can. Abby's Mom (and cousin Melanie) were always competing for the title of Drama Queen! Looks like you might have a good chance at knocking them off their thrones! Hang in there sweetie, Grandma loves you!
Awesome Brenda. I always love finding those blogging moments. Its all about entertaing the rest of us(jk)sort of.;) Keep up the good work.
Oh the terrible twos are so hard. But come one she is so cute, I bet she gets away with murder!!
Post a Comment