Sunday, October 12, 2008

I've Been Robbed

I was "this close" to taking a picture of my political activism yesterday. You know, to blog about. We had a "McCain/Palin" sign and a "Vote Yes on 8" sign. They sat there all cute shouting out our conservative Republicaness for all to see. I should have taken the picture. When we got home from Cory and Gina's last night, our signs were gone. Our neighbors across the street were our twins. In fact, I gave them a Prop 8 sign and they gave me the McCain sign. The neighbors were robbed too. It should be a little funny. I've gotten under somebody's skin after all. I do love getting under people's skin, but I'm bugged. Where's my free speech? It's probably in a dumpster somewhere. I feel slightly violated. Someone was on my property (okay, my in-laws property). I'm going to post a version of a Prop 8 sign on my blog. They can't steal that! I will vow to get another sign, though. The libs can't keep me down.

19 comments:

thomalee said...

That's lame! Really.

Katie said...

You get those signs back in that yard! I'd be pissed too!!! Wow, prop 8...scary. Go McCain/Palin! Don't you just love her?!?
Love a fellow Republican,
Katie

Shannon said...

We have the same same thing as prop 8 (only called prop 102) in AZ. We put a sign in our yard before we left for the weekend. I wonder if it will still be there tomorrow? It has been interesting to see the church get so involved in this. We have even had a ss lesson on prop 102. It is sad that the opposition resorts to stealing signs. I have seen the big ones here spray painted or kicked down. I will be glad when this is all over!

Christine said...

You should get like 10 more signs- 10 for you and 10 for your neighbor and put them all over your yard. And if you ever find out who it was you should then put the signs in their yard too! :)

CaraDee said...

When we lived in California right after we were married in 99, there was a huge push from the church to vote for Marriage being between a man and a woman. It passed by a huge margin, but still they feel they have to define it more fully I guess. or a judge said it was unconstitutional, even though it was voted on by the majority...lame.

basquegirl said...

So...since the left is so tolerant...every time they take your signs...get 5 more. No joke. They will stop taking your signs. And it is probably your neighbors by the Campbells. They don't like the marriage props. Unless they don't live there anymore...then it was someone else.

Gina Miles said...

I noticed a *Yes on Prop 8* sign down the street from your house......bet I know who did it???

Heidi said...

Oh, the nerve of them!!! I agree, go get 10 more signs of each to stick in your yard. :)

Jyll said...

What's up with that? I'm sooo glad I'm not in Cali right now facing all that stuff. However it's just a matter of time....

Louise said...

You go girl!!

Louise said...

P.S. Ask Trevor this for me please: "What the heck happened to "your" Angels? I was getting all ready to cheer them on, since the Mariners died an early death this year, and ZAP, they're gone!! Whats up with that?

Triple A said...

That is so frustrating. Keep up the good work. Stand up for what you believe.

The Monson Crew said...

I'm so bugged for you! I would feel a little violated also! HOW RUDE! THE NERVE! THE AUDACITY!

The Monson Crew said...

P.S. You go show them whose boss!
......I'm gonna take your widget now! I'm not stealing it because I'm telling you first. =)
love ya

The Fear Fam said...

That is horrible, and it's exactly the reason I haven't put the same signs in my yard. (It doesn't help that I saw some punk kids trying to mess with my Mitt sign during the primaries.) I know it shouldn't stop me, but it has. But in your honor I might put some up anyway. And I agree with everyone else - go get 10 more signs and put them up everywhere!

The Cardenas Clan said...

Amen to that sister!!! I am really bugged too!! I can't believe it, what is this world coming to?

Ashley said...

Ok....you get new signs...I'm flying out there. We are then going to have a stake-out! We'll find out who did it and then blast their yard with signs! :)

Becky Noftle said...

A 100 more signs go McCain!!

Katie S said...

Ni kidding - get a bulk order of signs and stick them on every square inch of your property. That'll show 'em!