Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sicky...The Sequel

Princess woke up at 9:30pm choking on her own vomit. Trevor scooped her up out of bed and boldly braved the end of her show. They hopped in the shower together and we journeyed downstairs. I changed her sheets, and started a load of laundry, complete with jammies (Trevor's and Abby's), blankets, sheets and a snugglie. She threw up again and we were NOT prepared. Trevor, and the rug got the brunt of it. Luckily, the washer was still in "wash" mode so I added her new jammies, fresh snugglie and Trevor's PJ's to the mix.

No worries, we've smartened our strategy. We now have her in clean jammies with her hair in braids and a bib for good measure. The next two episodes (if anyone is keeping score, that's four times in an hour) we had a bowl nearby and all clothing, linen and hair were spared. She has now fallen asleep on Trevor's chest, but we're gearing up for a long night. And I'm thankful.

I'm so grateful that I get to be a mom. I know it's hard and frustrating at times, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. I, like most of you, have been following Baby Gracie for the past year. Her mom had to say goodbye yesterday. I can't possibly imagine having to do that. We all have our trials and challenges in life. We are completely stressed right now, but our struggles seem so minimal today. So, I'll gladly stay up all night, holding my daughters head and changing her sheets and jammies as many times as necessary.



~Doesn't she look miserable...and mad that her daddy is taking pictures of her when she feels so miserable?~

Update: It was a long night. We made a little bed on our floor for her. She was up every half hour to throw up or to beg for a drink. The final count was 7. Trevor joined in her fun around 2:30am (they are currently napping together). Still, I'm thankful!

8 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Poor Gledhill family--praying for them and you guys too. Feel better little princess (must be Pocohantus with the braids).

CaraDee said...

Dang, I'm sorry. I would say something to the effect of our health, but that would just invite trouble.
She is looking so big now! Is she 4 now?? ha

Suzanne said...

We feel your pain. There is nothing worse than when it spreads like that. Hope that's the end of it and that Trevor and Abby feel better soon.

Katie said...

Your posts are always the best to read. Yes, we are so lucky to just clean up puke and get little to no sleep at night due to just that...the flu. I went back in our blog and found that "stranger" comment on my blog, one of your friends, Amy, which I didn't realize you had wrote a little prayer request for Maddie!?! Thank you Brenda, that was sooo sweet and thoughtful and I truly believe in the testimony of prayer too. It sure has helped us through our trial with Maddie and it's nothing in comparison to what the Gledhill's have endured. We are so thankful for our friends...you being one of them. Thanks for supporting us on this journey, for loving Maddie and her baby heart friends too. Love and hugs to you!!! Hope your clan starts feeling better soon and that YOU don't end up with this too, probably wouldn't be what you need on top of being pregnant with P.P.
Hang in there!!!
Love,
Katie

Jyll said...

So sorry you have another sick kid...that's such a bummer for all involved, especially the poor sick child. But like you I'm so thankful I get to be a mom. I'm not going to lie, it sucks at times and I'm dying to have my "own" life again someday, but my boys are my joy and they are my everything! Hang in there!

Louise said...

If this was your Dad posting, he would say, "Look on the bright side, I feel fine!" But this isn't your Dad posting, so I won't say that... But you could look on the bright side anyway-there's only two of you left in the family that could get sick now, right?
Seriously, we are very blessed with our health, we can handle a few pukey days and nights, right?

Janet + Craig said...

My heart goes out to you. Been there! Done that! Hair pulled back, laundry, bucket/bowls... man, just remember it came to pass, not to stay! I'll be praying for all of you. LYSOL is your friend!

Misty said...

It's so sad when kids are sick. I would much rather be sick myself than watch a child be sick. :(