Sunday, March 8, 2009

Are You Sick Of The Sickies Yet?


~The latest sickies in the house~

Yesterday was Opening Day for the boy's baseball league. It would have been a ton of fun IF...

1. Preston hadn't woken us up, writhing on the floor in absolute pain.
2. We hadn't spend 30 minutes trying to console a writhing Preston and were, therefore, late for Opening Day.
3. I wasn't team mom and forced to remember everything I needed to bring for the team and consequently left everything I needed for my own family (diaper bag, camera, cell phone)
4. Preston hadn't walked over to me 45 seconds after taking his team pictures and thrown up at my feet.
5. I hadn't had to leave my husband, eldest, and youngest child with Mimi so I could go back to those blasted Opening Ceremonies to march in a parade with Carson because I'm the blasted team mom.
6. I hadn't had to stay for the team BBQ afterward because I'm the team mom and felt obligated to be there, and was worried the whole 3 hours about Preston being sick and Abby being diaperless.
7. Almost every parent in the league insisted on drinking and caused the park to smell more like alcohol than BBQ.
8. When I finally got back to Mimi and Papa's house, I didn't find a VERY sick little boy who had thrown up again and then again.
9. I didn't start having some killer heartburn that has yet to cease and desist.
10. Trevor didn't get that darned flu bug again, later that night!


~On the floor of the bathroom~Abby bringing him our big blue vomit bowl, she's so helpful~

Everyone is feeling a little better tonight, with the exception of Trevor. I really wish I had, at the very least, remembered my camera yesterday. Even though Preston felt awful, the boys were so very, very cute in their little uniforms. Carson has his first game tomorrow. It should be interesting to see how he does and I vow to remember my camera this time.

P.S. Sunday night my stomach decided to take it's turn. At least it'll be over soon!

11 comments:

Holly said...

What a day Brenda. You guys are SOOO over due for some good days. HURRY and have Preston's baptism so we can all get down there to visit. We miss you so much! Hang in there...flu season has GOT to be about over at your house! Love you!

melanie said...

Yuck! Wipe that day off the books and start over again. I hope once everyone feels better they stay that way!

I have the most intense heartburn/acid reflux ever when I'm pregnant. I was always told I could take Zantac after the first trimester. It didn't work as long as it was supposed to but some relief was better than none. I detest heartburn!!

Tara said...

I am so sorry. I have 2 of my 3 sick right now. At least most of the throw up was outside of your own home!

The Brown Family said...

Bren-

Are you the blog that I have read that has had your blog published into a book? I went to Gracie Gledhill's funeral (I'll have to post later about all that) and they had published her entire blog into a book. It was awesome. If you have done that before will you tell me how and what service you used? Thanks!

Sorry you guys have been having all the sickies. We have too. But we also have the crummy gray weather to accompany it. YUCK!

Take care and get some lysol :)

Love
Kim

Jyll said...

SUCK!! That's the first word that came to mind. I feel your pain, girlfriend! After the sicknesses we've had over the last 2 weeks Kellen woke up with some type of weird stomach thing going on. It smelled like vomit in his room, happy, happy, joy, joy. Will this ever end for either of us?

Heather said...

Wow- what a day! Wesley would gladly trade his black eye for some puking- at least that would get him out of school! He thinks I'm so mean making him go to school with the black eye!

Louise said...

How come you get to have all the fun? Hopefully, the coming week will be illness free and the weekend even better.
P.S. I'm looking at my snow covered lawn as I type this...ugh

Becky Noftle said...

Sheesh kick the flu already would ya--oh before you do could we see a picture of Trev. over the toilet just kinda mirror Carson's sicky shot!

Suzanne said...

There really is nothing as bad. Poor everyone.

Misty said...

Yes, I am sick of sickies, but I think it's because it is now rampant in my own house. Did you guys send it to Utah from CA? I hope everyone gets feeling better soon. :)

Kenise said...

Sorry to hear about the Sickies!! Stomach flu is the WORST, and don't you love how it takes its time and works through the whole family!!!!!