Thursday, April 23, 2009

Angels and Car Cleaning Demons

This is what we did on Tuesday in 100 degree weather (again).




You know your car is in bad shape when you have to vacuum it out twice. We took out the seats and I ran down to the gas station to use the heavy duty vacuum. There was 6 months worth of petrified quesadillas, french fries, crackers, chips and other unidentified particles. Not to mention a sippy cup with a suspicious liquid inside. Then, we brought the van home and did a more detailed vacuum job. It was so bad. So very, very bad. Trevor thinks it's too embarrassing to blog about. I live for making others feel better about themselves. You're welcome.




After perspiring our weight in water, we showered and loaded the troops in our sparkly clean van. We had acquired Angel ticket for $5 and frankly, you can't go to the movies for that anymore. We recruited the rest of Trevor's family and everyone (minus Gina) was able to go. It was a beautiful night full of family, fun, and sugar.





~Trevor's worst nightmare.~

Carson was a little nervous about our seating assignment. We weren't the on the top row, we were one below. It's up there. He sat as far back in his seat as possible for the first 30 minutes or so. As time went by, he gradually got more comfortable and realized he wasn't going to plummet to his death. He did warn Ashley and I though, "We can't jump off the clift (cliff) or we'll die." He did great until a home run was hit and they let off fireworks. His eyes welled up with tears, but he was determined to be brave. He kept saying, "Woo. Fireworks. Awesome." all with a terrified look sketched on his face.






~Can't you just see the cavities forming?~

Abby wasn't so skittish. It was all we could do to hold her down. She kept trying to climb over seats and I just knew she was going to land in the lap of someone 5 rows down. She also kept swiping Carson's cotton candy, much to his disdain.








Preston was at home watching the game and talking Uncle Brandon's ear off. He's good at talking people's ear off.







~Pres, B, BJ, Torri, and Cory~

Trevor has kept his winning attendance record, which now stands at 14. The Angels can't seem to loose if he's there. I've given up taking him to Mariner/Angel games for this reason. The M's are in first place right now and I'm not willing to risk that. I'm taking one for the team, so to speak.



~The view from the cheap seats.~

11 comments:

Kenise said...

I think we have matching cars (the before picture that is). I picked up my niece yesterday and her first comment was "Wow your car is really dirty!" Thanks for giving me hope that I can have a clean car once again!!!
Love the Baseball pics. My girls think the only reason you would go to a Diamondbacks game is to get cotton candy!

Heather said...

I just spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning out my car from the Washington trip. YIKES!! Thanks for showing us your van- I wish I could be so brave. I Love the sticky hands- I bet Trevor did too:) Is that a bit of gray I see in his goatie?? WOW- 37 is OLD :)

Megan said...

Brenda, I have to say even driving dirty vans and dodging sticky hands - you still look great!! Fun pictures. Miss you guys.

The Fear Fam said...

Man, now I want to go to a baseball game! It's been a long time. Looks like you guys had a blast.

And I don't think the van is too embarrassing to blog about. Mine is *much* worse.

Louise said...

It looks like you had lots of fun even in the "cheap seats". Tell Carson I think he is VERY brave, and I still love his blue blue eyes. Preston is as handsome as ever, and I'm afraid your little princess is a bit of a tomboy, but thats totally ok. I have to agree, you look great Brenda. Thanks for the fun pictures! P.S. Trevor-the Mariners are STILL in 1st place, whats it been, a whole week now? I think that might be a record!?! GO MARINERS!!

Joneel said...

Wow, those pictures look great. We are going to a game here soon too. I'm nervous though, with the earthquakes that have been happening.

Holly said...

Looks like fun and hopefully it is cooling down for you there. We miss you and can't wait to see you in July! The van looks much improved...nice work!

TheShippenFamily said...

I could see Trevor face when I looked at those sticky fingers!

Becky Noftle said...

I so wish I could say my van has never looked like that--but alas, four vans and at different points in their lives with us they have looked like twinners with your van. By the way take a q-tip to Carson's ear would ya. Don't you love how your all grown up but I can still try to boss you around!

Jyll said...

Fun times sans hot weather. Although I hear it's cooled down a bit. I think I'm much happier dealing with the big snowstorm we had a couple of weeks ago than 100+ temps. Don't miss those. Great pics. of the family...you look great as usual. And Happy b-day to Trevor! Beautiful temple...great location too.

Robyn Welcker said...

Tyler spent $45.00 at a car wash where they do it for you but holy cow man you clean a car like non other we should just pay you half that to vacume....haha j/k I'm glad you guys had fun at the game...Looks like LOTS of fun!...