Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and Stuff

So, we had your basic Easter. We colored eggs the night before with Uncle Vance and Aunt Cindy.



We got up far too early the next day to find the house covered in candy left by the beloved holiday bunny.


~Each of the kids finding their basket and looking for eggs. Preston can't seem to find the green one right behind him.~


We rushed to get ready for church and had a very sweet meeting.



We took the annual (although we've missed the last two years) family Easter picture with a trusty tripod, and joined Trevor's family for dinner that afternoon.

~You may be wondering why Carson is wearing a different tie. He destroyed his new green one at church. Why do I even try?~

A lot more has been going on. I've been in a really funky mood the last 4 days and unfortunately, I feel it'll be a little while longer until it goes away. This pregnancy has been great physically, with the exception of the placenta previa that was confirmed on Friday, but I feel good physically, even if I'm not. My pregnancies are always fairly easy, but my emotions have been a little less stable this time around. And by a little less, I mean I'm completely erratic and off-the-charts crazy. We have spring break this week (way too late if you ask me) and now I have to put on a happy face for my kids, which has been a lot harder than expected. When I'm in a funk, the people around me suffer. Fortunately, I have a really great husband, who is super patient with me, and 4 incredible sisters who knew I was having a bad day on Friday and sent me these.



They are all together in Washington right now. I wish I were there. I need to pee my pants from laughing too hard, or at least watch someone else do it. It's good medicine for funky moods.

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

As usual your family picture looks great even if Carson is wearing a different tie, That's boys for you :)

Brenda your looking great, practically glowing, pregnancy really suits you. Hope you feel better soon. :)

The Fear Fam said...

You all look beautiful!

I'm sorry you've been in a funk. I certainly know how those pregnancy hormones can get to a girl! I'm happy that you have so many supportive people in your life, though!

Heather said...

We've been missing you! Hang in there- we love you and can't wait to head over for some much needed California Sunshine!

Unknown said...

I am utterly impressed at the self taken family portrait. Its very good and I am utterly jealous at the lovely weather it appears you were having that day. Easter here was nice but, man, do i miss California sunshine. Happy Easter!!

The Monson Crew said...

Beautiful family picture!

Kenise said...

Love the pic--you guys are such a cute family!

Katie said...

Such a great family picture!!! Happy Easter to your sweet fam from ours :)

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

I LOVE the family picture!!! That one needs to be bigger and put on the wall!!! You have a beautiful family brenda!!!! the boyz look handsome like always with thier great smiles and abby is a princess in her dress... you look great too!!! oh ya so does trevor..lol.. dont worry I have been feeling I guess "moody" and I feel bad for adam but for some reason he is still here trying to make me happy...love u guys :O)

Granny DeeAnn said...

I'm so glad you are keeping up with the sponge curler tradition along with the family picture. I wonder if they are in the genes? ...and you guys give me a bad time, just wait your day is comin'!! Fun Easter pictures!

melanie said...

My mom's right, I'm sure we'll be teased one day too. It will all be worth it, I just know it!!

I'm glad you had a good Easter despite all the stress I know a little bit about. At least you took some photos, I did not. take. one. Loser!

You guys are in my daily prayers. Love you, love you, love you.

Jami said...

Brenda- How do you get the pictures big on your blog? Your kids look so adorable! I can't believe how big their getting.

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

in fact I want that picture!! the one on the wall of you guys, abby is kinda sorta cut out and carson is asleep!! so ya I need to replace that one :)

Steve said...

That is the worst part about my pregnancies, I get so emotionally crazy. I am so depressed and can not stop crying. I hate it. If you ever need to talk call.
Liz