Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Mother Is Better Than Your Mother...

Toots (aka my mother) made this skirt.



I hear plenty of blood, sweat and swear words went into each stitch. Please send calming, warm, fuzzy thoughts of relaxation to my A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Mama. I think she deserves them after all this. Still, it was totally worth it. At least it is to me, the lady who only had to buy the 6 yards of fabric and not construct it into this little masterpiece.

It looks good coming...


...or going...


...or standing still.



It doesn't even need color to look fabulous. I may be flattering myself, but the precious little girl doesn't hurt either.





Thank you Grandma Louise! You rocked it lady.

20 comments:

The Brown Family said...

All I can say is WOW! Grandma Louise rocks :)

I know that she used a traditional machine to do this so again WOW! I think she is allowed a few naughty words for her awesomeness. Miss Abby is L.O.V.E.D!

Kim

The Brown Family said...

And, ok, totally none of my business, but Heather needs a girl.

Kim

The Fear Fam said...

Best. Skirt. Ever.

Can your mom make me one? (It will take much more than 6 yards of fabric, I'm sure.) ;)

Katie said...

Love it!!! Louise, you're the best :) And Abby, you are one cute little chickie! Precious.

Becky Noftle said...

O.K. I know it nearly put you over the edge, but don't you think all your Grandaughters need one?! One down eight more to go.

Kerry said...

L~O~V~E... the skirt. Abby looks so stinkin cute.

Holly said...

Our mother seriously is the BEST!! The only thing I can complain about is that she taught NONE of us to sew, play the piano, and be as nice as her. Ok...maybe she tried and we wouldn't let her. Just Maybe? LOVE it...and Abby is adorable as always!

Heather said...

Too Cute!! Great photos of a really adorable dolly. Wish I had a cute little dolly like that to dress up :)

Lisa said...

I've been begging my mom to make one for Lexie for over a year. I might as well just buy one now that she'll know how hard it was.

Louise said...

I think its the little doll IN the skirt that's adorable!

Miss Heather said...

So Cute!!! Isn't it fun to play dress up??? Enjoy your little dolly while she's still young!!

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, she is the cutest little thing! I love that skirt! I want one for my little girl!

I am Kathy, by the way. I know Trevor and Chelsea.

thomalee said...

Is she taking orders? :) Love the photos and Abby is adorable!

Katie S said...

Check out little Abby! She is so cute. Too bad 31 year olds can't pull off a look like that, huh?

Oh, and the award for the coolest grandma is in the bag for Toots.

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

Ummm Im putting my order in for (1) 3t-4t and (1) 0-3 months please!!! man oo man sooo cute....and abby looks sooo cute!! she is getting sooo big! great pictures brenda!!!

Brooke said...

Absolutely. Darling! xoxo

The Cardenas Clan said...

You did an awesome job on these pics!

Annie said...

i guess we now know why they charge an arm and leg for them in the store! adorable!

Steve said...

AHHHHH I want that.
Liz

Misty said...

I think my fav. part is her adorable bare feet. :)