Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Shower

Sigh. Everyone has left me. It's been such a whirlwind of a weekend. We were going non stop. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining...it was a non stop whirlwind in a good way. I'm going to break up the last 5 days into several posts. They won't necessarily be in order either. The first up will be my shower.

I have the greatest family. This, of course, isn't limited to my immediate siblings and parents, but Trev's as well. His mother and sisters insisted on throwing me a baby shower. They were thinking of the end of July for the party date. I begged them to have it last weekend so that my sisters and mom could come (sadly, they've never been to one of my showers). With only one weeks notice, they threw a shower that would have taken me a month to pull together, but that's a whole other issue. It was so much fun. Mom always says, "it's not a good time unless someone loses bladder control." One of us, and I won't say who, (Heather), barely made it to the bathroom before the flood gates opened. Good times.

Thanks to my wonderful friends who came and supplied me with ample support and blogging material. Thanks to my sisters and mother for finally making it to one of my showers. But mostly, thanks to Chelsea, Gina, Ashley, and Mom Miles for pulling it all together so that my family could be there. I love you all muy mucho!

~Scenes from the shower. I'm totally getting lazy with the Picasa Collages aren't I?~

Posted by Picasa
~The bladder busting game. We, the blindfolded mommies, had to feed our "babies" a jar of baby food. Whoever finished first, won. My baby, Holly, and I won.~

10 comments:

melanie said...

Of course your 'baby' Holly won, I remember her buying baby food as a 'treat' at the grocery store, ha ha. So dang funny!

So nice of them to throw you such a fun shower. It feels good to be doted on. You're SO close now!! I'm so excited for you. More newborn photo goodness coming up soon!! Can't wait!

Megan said...

Looks like fun times, and you look seriously blazin' hot! :) Way to go looking so awesome with only a few weeks left - I am jealous. Can't wait to see that little guy!

Louise said...

Wait a minute... It looks like you are "pouring" the baby food into Holly's mouth, not using the spoon, is that legal? Now we know the "rest of the story!" It was great fun, hats off to the Miles girls for being great hostesses.

The Fear Fam said...

I for one love the picasa collages. :) Looks like a fun day!

Sally said...

It makes me happy to look at you. What a happy face you have! I forgot how much fun you are. Oh to VT you again...

Heidi said...

Looks like a fun shower. You always have "pee" stories when you get together with your family. Too funny. :)

basquegirl said...

Look at all my girls in that picture!! Wish I could have been there!

Miss Heather said...

Oh yeah, I look GOOOOOOD!! I happen to love the baby food pears!

Becky Noftle said...

Careful Brenda I remember Holly slugging my arm once when i called her a baby!

Holly said...

That was so much fun! Chelsea, Ashley, Gina and Janet ROCK!