Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My First

To keep this story short and sweet (because the last post was anything but), I'll just post a picture or two and tell you that, with the exception of the births of my own children, this was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. Trevor's sister had her baby boy today. And she let me stay in the room with her. I've never been able to do that before, with any of my sisters, in-laws or not. What an awesome experience. I can't thank them enough for letting me have a share in it.


Baby Dylan was born at 5:21pm and weighed 7 lbs 4 oz. He's 19 1/4 inches long and has the sweetest dimple in his cheek and cleft in his chin. He is a teeny, tiny ball of yummy deliciousness. Hairy deliciousness! I wanted to put him in my pocket and take him home. I refrained and took a ton of pictures instead. Unfortunately, I used their camera. I only got a couple with my own.


I will never cease to be amazed at the miracle of birth. Ashley was superwoman and I'm seriously riding on an adreinaline rush right now. It kind of makes me want another one...don't tell Trevor.

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a little cutie! Nothing sweeter than newborns!

Louise said...

So glad you got to witness that miracle- congrats to Ashley and Rob!

melanie said...

It is so amazing to watch!

Anonymous said...

firget afinger i will; give him mycock to suck