Monday, June 14, 2010

Last Day Of School And Torturing Carson



I am sad. The school year is done. Preston's perfected run at second grade is over. We say goodbye to two fabulous teachers. Now he's home. And evidently starving 18 hours of the day. His body has opened a trap door to a bottomless pit that is his stomach. But I digress. It really was hard to say goodbye to Mrs. C. and Mrs. S.


~Mrs. C, Pres, and Mrs. S.~

It was harder for some to leave than others. I had to throw in the picture of the boy who was reduced to sobs 25 minutes before the bell rang. I didn't think he was going to make out the door without a full blown dramatic exit. It really did pull on the old heart strings. I digress again. He's not my son.



My son is a tad more stoic than that.



Carson said goodbye too. (As I type this, I'm sitting through an earthquake...stinking California!!! But see how brave I've become?) We only claimed Mrs. R. for 7 weeks, but they were the 7 best weeks of the year, sadly.


~Carson voluntarily giving Mrs. R. a hug...it's a miracle.~

He also had to say adieu to Max the snake. He and I parted on good terms. The condition of the terms being that I don't ever have to see him again. See? Good terms.



Here's where it gets good. We left the classrooms and hung out in the school yard for 10-15 minutes so the kids could mess around and whatnot.


~Messing around and whatnot.~

I slunk back taking pictures and doing my best to not draw attention to this guy.



It worked, and we left with no apparent problems. So, I decided to tell Carson of our dear friend, the lion's presence, after we had already crossed the street. Keep in mind a 4 lane road, plus the entire parking lot kept a decent distance between us and the beloved mascot. You can see the progressive torment as he realizes what is going on and the panic and irritation (at me) sets in. I'm the meanest mom ever, but there's not much I won't do for a laugh. Especially at my kids expense.





As a side note, I really didn't think he'd throw such a fit, being that we were so far away. And I had waited until we were a safe distance before telling him, so I was trying to spare him any unnecessary torture. I'm not a monster.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my those boys are handsome! Glad they held it together better than Zach. (Tyson swears that is his name?) Hope Preston is feeling better soon....give him hugs and kisses from us! LOVE YOU!! :0)

Louise said...

Brenda you are SO bad, but Carson, really buddy, you need to get a grip! Be careful Brenda, he may be a position to pay you back someday when you are old and helpless... you never know! Ditto what Holly said, those boys are sure handsome.

Becky Noftle said...

Schools out, chicken pox are in, and lions do not rock. Did I get that right?

Heather said...

I can't believe that lion had the nerve to try and ruin the last day of school. I have to admit- he is scaring me.... just a bit in those photos. Time for a new costume Litel!

Melanie and Justin said...

I think it's awesome that you took pictures of the emotional stages he went through so we could all enjoy it too! Thanks!