The boys took me to a mother/son picnic. We had fun and dressed alike. Carson got a tick. It was possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever, ever seen. But it was oddly satisfying to pull it out.
Preston had water day. I was wise enough not to sign up for anything, thus, sparing myself the embarrassment of dropping the ball. My mind has been less than reliable lately. He had fun and got wet. Mission accomplished.
~I didn't get a great variety of the activities, I was too busy working at one of the stations. There was wet sponge tosses, super-soaker limbo, water bucket relays...you get the idea.~
Carson had kindergarten Olympics. I was foolish enough to sign up to make 70 ribbons for the tire roll event. Friday I dumped the kids off at the curb, so I could rush to the store, to get a birthday present, for a party that day, that I had forgotten about. As I was driving away, I noticed all the red, white, and blue balloons that were tied to every tie-able surface surrounding the kindergarten classrooms. Oh shiiiiizzzzzz! Fast forward to a half-crazed lady flipping a u-ey illegally, speeding home to get the camera and sprinting across the road with the stroller and starving 3 year old (not to mention starving self) to arrive just-in-time to see Carson marching out with the rest of his class...sans tire roll ribbons. I suck.
He did have fun but it took a minute to warm up to the idea. The minute it took was one of severe nerves. He was sure that the lion mascot was somewhere, waiting in the wings, ready pounce on him when he let his guard down. After I assured him that the lion was unable to attend this year's Olympics, (seriously, the lion has been very absent this year) he was okay with life again and the butterflies swarming his belly were set free.
~Doesn't he just look miserable?~
~The nerves...oh the nerves that this boy has!~
Thus ends the major end-of-school-year events. Tomorrow is their last day and they are stoked for summer. I'm torn somewhere between bliss that there are no more homework packets to stress over and despair that they will be so bored at home and drive me out of my highly unreliable mind by the second week of summer vacation. Time will tell.
~Me and my almost 1st grader (with a couple of stragglers in the background). He's much happier now that it's all said and done. The sugar (hidden in the popsicle) doesn't hurt either.~




3 comments:
Are you starting early signs of alzheimers, or just mid-30's syndrome? Either way- we still love you and that adorable almost first grader :)
What the heck are "tire roll ribbons", and seriously, that sweet boy is going to have ulcers before he turns 7! Maybe you ought to consider hypnotism. I really feel for him, that has to be terrifying, always watching for that (blank) lion to pounce out at him!!! Love you Carson, sorry about your Mom's short term memory loss, she got it from HER Mom.
I wish I had short term memory loss, I can't remember what kind I have but I think it's called long term.
Post a Comment