Prepare yourself. I'm about to unleash some serious visual stimulation. I decided the only way I was going to catch up with all the blogging was to just do one massive marathon post. You'll all be happy to know that I've pinpointed my biggest issue with my blogging ineptitude. I take to many pictures. I admit it. I am a snap-a-holic. I'm wondering if there is some sort of support group. The only reason there aren't more pictures of our Washington trip is because my battery died and I left my charger in California. Thus, I only had 650 pictures to sort through instead of 1000. So, in no particular order (save chronologically), here is December contained in 22 collages.
ABBY TURNS 5!!! How did I miss this one? She had a great day with our traditional breakfast in bed, presents and a low, LOW key family/friend party.
Opening presents at her party.
All her peeps.
A few days later, our 5 year old princess was the star (to us) in her dance recital. She was the cutest one there and the only thing missing from her big night was her daddy. He was in D.C. It's a shame too, because she seems to have his coordination instead of mine :-/!
Our pretty girl with Miss Lisa.
Warming up and with her bestie Lily.
Abby wasn't the only one strutting her stuff. The big boys had their piano recital the same week Abby did. Which, again, meant Daddy missed the action. But luckily for me and the kids, Mimi and Papa were there to step in for BOTH recitals! Thank you thank you for suffering... ahem... enjoying those nights along with me.
Both boys performing. Carson had only had 3 lessons before the recital. Miss Judy gave him the option of participating and I was shocked and thrilled that he wanted to. Big, massive, enormous step for him!
Candid shots of that night (Way to block Mimi, Papa...rude)!
Christmas Eve we had Mimi, Papa and Uncle Brandon over for soup and presents. Mimi and I vetoed the idea of NOT making her famous clam chowder (the boys are seriously mistaken in their disdain for all things seafood). I did make a mean cheese potato chowder to make up for it.
William on Christmas morning! On the eve of Christmas Eve (got that?), I counted all the presents to make sure all was fair and balanced. It was, Abby and the big boys each had 10 gifts. But William had 2. I'm still not sure how that happened, but I will always be a Target fan after rushing there to make up the difference and spending less than $40. However, the cheap price tag might have come with the fact that a 2 year old isn't picky, hence the $1.50 echo microphone!


Carson got his wish of being a firearm owner. I was super nervous about Santa's decision, but after the guns broke 4 days later, my nerves were eased. Also, he loves to close his eyes as he opens his presents. He wants the surprise to last that much longer. Love it.
Abby is all that you want a little girl to be. Barbies and jewelry and shoes and snow globes (both of which, William broke...grrrrr). She is so fun to watch!
Preston was also armed this year. He's getting harder to buy for. Less toys more...???? I don't know! 10 year olds are hard! But he's such a sweetie I could have given him a Ken doll and he's be fine with it.
CHRISTMAS IN WASHINGTON! These are in a kind of random order, but we did have so much fun with all the crazy Andersen's. There are a lot of us (31) but you'd never know from the state of Mom, Becky and Courtney's houses...wait...no. You'd definitely know. We stayed at the Noftle Inn and it never disappoints. There's always a continental breakfast and plenty of people to keep the kids occupied.
A highlight? Why the extended family get together at Matt and Court's. I just love my Uncle and Aunts. But my cousins are the bomb. Plus we got to spend a little time with Granny Great. I think she must love sitting back and watching all of us laugh and chat and get super competitive playing Family Feud (my team won). Not to brag, but she must be so proud!


Ensign Ranch was fabulous, except there was no snow. I take issue with this. I love in Southern California and when I drive 22 hours to Washington I expect it to be blanketed with a fresh layer of Christmas snow. Is it so much to ask? I mean really!
Group shots: Girl cousins (easy to photograph), natural siblings (holding our baby brother), all the cousins (19), sisters, and boy cousins (seriously not easy to photograph...where's the Ritalin?)!

More candids...Matt and I are hot.

Slushy snow on our last night. Abby loved it, William....not so much.
And what is a family get together without a dance party? The little girls shook their stuff, then a bunch of thugs showed up. It was weird. And because we're a competitive family, the mommy's had to show their daughters that we still had it. Bring on the pyramid!
More candids.





















6 comments:
WOW, that was a lot of fun packed into a couple of weeks time. No wonder we all love Christmas! Thank you so much for doing what I never seem to do with my pictures! I'm thankful you have this addiction!!
Loved the gallery Brenda. I almost made it! So fun to see everyone. Love my SPECIAL family. :0)
LOVE it!! How much longer until we go to the lodge again?? TOO long I'm afraid! Abby looks adorable for her recital! Sad I missed that and the boys piano. Post them someday!!
That was great reading. Glad you ditched the Laundry to blog instead. :)Looks like you had lots of great family time over the Christmas. xx
Love Love Love all of the pictures! So glad you updated! How fun are your family traditions? Such a lucky girl! xoxo
btw... are you even kidding me with the tiny french braids? ADORABLE!
Post a Comment