Valentine's day (sigh) I usually love it. I get a prize and I buy my lovies prizes. We have a nice dinner together and Trevor and I teach them all about etiquette. Not this year. I was already feeling funky that day for no particular reason. I was just going through the motions, dropping of my babies at school with their awesome homemade valentines, cleaning up all of Will's messes at home, picking up Abby, taking her to dance, walking with my bestie, driving home, fixing lunch, showering and then I went to pick up the big boys.
That's when the bomb dropped. I got a text from my eldest (and wisest) sister, Rebecky. "Histio strikes again. New lesions in skull and pons-thickened pit stalk too. Will let u know more when we can. Dr. McClain (miracle Dr. from Texas) recommending higher doses of chemo-maybe even inpatient doses. Trying to learn if there r areas that can be safely biopsied right now". To which I replied, (aloud and via text) "Shit". To which she replied "Double shit". UGH! Again they have to go through this and much more aggressively too.
Well, I wanted to roll up in a ball and sob, so I called my honey instead and cried. Then I called my mom and we both cried. Then my sister Heather, but I think, by then, I was all cried out and I was just mad.
Then Trevor came home early and brought me this...
Oh, how I love him! I love that he was trying to heal my broken heart. It almost worked.
Then Trevor's mom came over and brought us this...
The kids were thrilled with their McDonald's gift certificates. I was thrilled with the sugar. Either way, it was such a sweet gesture and we loved it! She even help us clean up the mess we made when Trevor dropped my crystal vase (the first Christmas present he ever game me... SOB)!
Mimi's gift cards inspired us and Valentine's dinner was at Mickey D's. We gathered the kids around the table and read scriptures while they ate their Chicken Bites. We also told them that Jackson's evil Histio was back and that their family really need our prayers, ALL our prayers right now. Then Trevor gave our family prayer, and he cried, which made me cry again, and it's making me cry again remembering him crying (BTW it was a manly cry, not girly hysterics like me).
We put the kids down and ran to Panera for Valentine's Day soup and sandwiches. I would love to say we talked and had a decent time, but instead I was still texting my mom and sisters and even talking to Becky. She is amazing. She is so strong. I am constantly in awe of her. She even worked today. I didn't even want to get out of bed. Healthy no?
~Jackson with the Bro's-in-law over Christmas.~
Time will tell what the newest plan of action will be. Until then, prayers are all we can give to help. That fact alone set me off yesterday. I was so angry that I was so far away, not that I could really be of any help if I was there, but still. I wish I could run by Subway and get her a Diet Coke or make her one of my inedible meals. Instead, I'm here, blogging about it and frankly begging for your prayers on this special guys behalf. No 16 year old or his parents or his siblings should have to go through this three times!





5 comments:
So sorry Brenda, my prayers are with Jackson and his/your family. Love you!
I'm so sorry. That is so heartbreaking! I don't know his last name, but I will call and put his name in the Mesa Temple. You guys are in our prayers!
Oh, that so sad. We will keep them in our prayers. Xx
Double shit....funny.
Healthy, no?.....funny.
One of you in edible meals.....funny.
Histio...so NOT funny, most definitely not fair. Especially the third time around. I love that sister of yours so much. She is one of my heroes too. Lots and lots of prayers for Jax, his parents, his siblings and the amazing aunts, uncles and cousins that are on his team. Im proud to be one of them. Good stock = good support. Love you!
Yes, our hearts are all very saddened by the news. Your sister and nephew are simply amazing. We're praying for them & when I think of Jackson & Becky, one of my favorite scriptures comes to mind, Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". Just a reminder that with God, all things are possible. Hang in there, I'm sure it's so hard being far away. Let me know when you come up here, would love to see you!
Post a Comment