Okay, I'm changing it up a bit. If you read this post before, you know how mean I was to Carson. In my defense, I've had 2 and half weeks out of the last 4 weeks without my husband (I'm not complaining, I'm explaining). Carson is feeling like going through a defiant stage and I am so ready for a break from them all! Plus, it's just part of my messed up sense of humor. Still, that was no reason to emotionally scar him, if, on the off chance, he reads this someday.
So, to redeem myself, I'll be a little bit more complimentary to him. But, just a little bit. We all know he's a little...quirky. It's one of my favorite things about Carson. Last month he refused to sing to me during his preschool Mother's Day Tea, covering his eyes and doing his best to disappear, probably. I am so proud that he seems to be coming out of his shell a little bit, even if it is just a little bit. You'll see why I'm so proud in the singing video below. Please look carefully for all the little signs of Carson in each video. Sometimes just his facial expressions are enough to make me incontinent.
Preschool graduation was last Friday and it was quite a hoot. Here's the video rundown, for Trevor's benefit more than anyone else. Like I said, he's been out of town a lot lately (not complaining, just explaining). Don't forget to pause my mega rad music before you hit play. Oh, and Becky, it's "Twinkle, Twinkle, Crocodile".
They marched down the aisle (Ever. So. Slowly, for Carson):
They sang a couple of songs (I pulled a Klea and didn't turn off the camera afterward):
Got their diplomas:
Posed for pictures:
~Miss Tami, Carson, Miss Heather~Squinty Squinterson~
And we let them eat cake.
~Oops. I was busy chatting and forgot to take a picture him eating cake. Can you believe it? You'll probably live without it.~
We have LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, preschool this year. Miss Tami and Miss Heather are the bomb. As mother of the "quirky" boy above, I can say that I really appreciate all the hard work they put in. Carson has come a looooooooooooong way and almost half of the MWF mornings he didn't fight me about going to school. Every Sunday, we pass Miss Tami in the hall at church and Carson puts a lot of effort into avoiding eye contact with her, even placing himself behind, then to the side, and then in front of me as we walk by. Last Sunday, he walked right up to her, stared fixedly on her shoes and mumbled, "Hi, Miss Tami" and then, without breaking his eyes away from the ground walked briskly away. Baby steps. We're taking baby steps.
Congratulations Middle Child! We love you for you! Seriously.
10 comments:
funny you say middle child I think that not only did he get the middle child syndrome, but he got the second child syndrome too, love him he is great!!!
I was really ticked at you when I read your first comment about his "social issues", but the video and pictures are so cute, I've calmed down a little. But, Brenda, what if he reads this someday? At least he will know his Grandma thinks he's perfect!! Its ok if Grandmas live in la la land sometimes. Congratulations on a successful year Carson, I love you!
Yeah for Carson!!! We are so glad he is coming out of this phase, we love him!
He looks like he had a great year. He has come a long way...we love him any way he is! Way to Go Carson!!
Twinkle, twinkle, little what? You may have got Grandma Bishops cameral skills but I got her hearing apparently.
I have a "quirky" one too. My MIL used to get on my case when I would describe him as shy because she thought I was scarring him for life. I think of it more as letting him embrace his personality. lol.
awww... that was just super sweet. Man, I'm PMS'ing or something tonight because everyone's blogs have me teary eyed! Congrats middle child... (how long will he have to wear that title?) : o
Ok, maybe I was a little harsh on you Brenda, it must run in the family. I can understand having Trevor gone that much lately would be really tough, no matter how much you love the little darlings! We all need a little break once in a while, sorry I'm not too much help, the MILES are getting in the way, get it? ha, ha! Love you Brennie!
Come on, he is so darn cute, with those big blue eyes, how couldn't you love him! Carson made class very fun for me and Miss Tami. You know how I love music, and here we had a child that would burst into song at any moment, what could be better!!
Where is Trevor? Yay Carson. He looks so cute in his little cap. I love Pre School. I think it's the best thing ever!
Post a Comment