Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Baseball Buds

Ah, spring. The smell of baseball is in the air and in my opinion, there's no greater time of year. We're a few weeks into the season and the boys are starting to get into the groove of things. They've each had 5 games and have done reasonably well. I say reasonably because, I must be honest, there is room for improvement. I still haven't gotten the boys together for a picture but, I do have them separately. As promised, they are super adorable.

Carson has a bit of an attitude problem. And by a bit, I mean he seriously makes me crazy, whenever there is a game or practice. After all the whining last year about wanting to be five so he could play, he absolutely hates it. I refuse to throw away $120 however, and am forcing him to participate until the end of the season. I know, I'm so mean. I'm the blasted team mom and each game he clings to me trying to get me to hold him and take him home. My favorite routine of his is when he is standing right next to me, clawing at my front, hanging off my shirt, whining that he wants me. And by favorite routine, I mean least favorite. I'm standing right in front of him. How much of me does he really need? I never thought I'd dread going to baseball games. It was a little better during his last game since I wasn't in the dugout. He's actually pretty decent considering it's his first year. They are already hitting off the coach's pitches (they only use the T if they are struggling). I try to be encouraging. He tells me it's too hard and he quits. It's going to be a long year.

~This is where he spends most of his time.~


~I'm forcing him to look "ready".~

~Throwing to first way too late, the runner's already there.~

~Batting.~

~All the cute Angels~

Preston has all the right attitude. He's happy and thrilled to be there. He has the most fantastic coach along with a really good team. And by really good team, I mean, they're good. Real good. Preston isn't quite up to their skill level, but we're working on it. The boys are really sweet and all seem to help each other out. Preston's biggest problem is that he's become a ball magnet. I swear the ball senses him. He has been hit by a pitch in 3 games and, on last Saturday, got nailed in the back during warm-ups. The boy is covered in bruises. He doesn't complain, though. He's too tough for that. Plus, he's learning to take one for the team and land on base. He's getting used to the idea of stealing and has had at least one steal each game. He still has his mother's speed, however, and we do have to yell at him to run. A lot of the time he's not paying as close attention as he should be. Still, he's holding his own and having fun and that's the main goal...for him anyway. He did get the game ball last week. He was so excited and we were a little surprized. But he does work hard and completely deserves it.

~I love how intense he looks.~


~Dodging and inside pitch.~

~I didn't have to force this one to look "ready".~

~With his prized game ball.~

Abby isn't quite as easy as she was last year. Her stroller has become her own personal prison sentence. When she's finally released on good behavior, she breaks her parole conditions and is forced back to serve more time. Rebel child that girl.

~Hanging out by the trash is not an acceptable "play area".~

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

The boys look so cute in their Baseball Kits. Good for you sticking to your guns until the end of the season. I can see it will be a long year alright :) Good Luck

Shannon said...

I love their little uniforms - they even have their names on the back! So cute!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I admire your skills as a sports mom! Poor Kyle............ Need I say more? Is Nintendo or Intelevision a sport? lol

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

Love their uniform!!! and carson will soon to love it or maybe some other sport!!! My favorite one is him sitting on the field... he is just getting ready for a grounder!!! and Mr. Baseball (Preston) is soo ready for the MLB with him being ready for the ball and his face is so intense waiting to hit the ball!!! Abby looks sooo big!!! ( love her jacket).. oo I cant wait to have these girls is sports!!! WAY TO GO TEAM MOM!!! miss you guys.. snif snif

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

Love their uniform!!! and carson will soon to love it or maybe some other sport!!! My favorite one is him sitting on the field... he is just getting ready for a grounder!!! and Mr. Baseball (Preston) is soo ready for the MLB with him being ready for the ball and his face is so intense waiting to hit the ball!!! Abby looks sooo big!!! ( love her jacket).. oo I cant wait to have these girls is sports!!! WAY TO GO TEAM MOM!!! miss you guys.. snif snif

Becky Noftle said...

Hang in their baby sis--there is years more ahead of sports fun!

melanie said...

My mom's funny. Of course those are sports! :)

I'm am loving that green grass. Did you see our dead stuff, gross!

Sure, Abby is by the garbage can but it's a pink one! At least she's got good color taste, ha!

Holly said...

They look soooo cute in their uniforms! I love that is has their name on the back. No wonder it was $120! And Abby looks as adorable as usual, even posing in front of the trash can! Good luck with Carson, hopefully it is a "phase"!

Heather said...

How did I miss this post before?? So stinkin' cute those baseball boys. I wish we could come watch a game. Maybe when they make it to the big leagues. Love ya and miss ya!

Louise said...

Hey, you tell Preston with that attitude he can accomplish anything he wants to. I agree with Melanie, the pink garbage can says it all, and I'm sure there aren't half as many gross germs as a regular colored garbage can. Carson, we love you buddy, hang in there and follow your big brother. As for you Brenda, you're having another boy. Buy a stadium blanket and chair and settle in for the long haul girl!!