Friday, May 14, 2010

Hand, Foot...But Mostly Mouth Disease

Poor little bunny. The fever started early Monday morning. We noticed her swollen gums Monday night (at Raegan and Reese's piano recital). Trevor chastised me for not brushing her teeth more. I vehemently told him that I do and she HAD brushed them that morning. Still oblivious, it took my walking friend and a call from my sister on Tuesday that turned the little light bulb on in my brain. Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. A quick check in her mouth and I found sores on the roof of her mouth and on her tongue. It's not serious, but it is contagious and man, it makes her breath stink. The fever is gone but the sores are worse. She's miserable at mealtime. It's a virus and there is nothing to do but let it run it's course. I hope it runs faster than me (because I'm slow...get it? Never mind).

~Red, swollen gums and sores on her tongue and chin. Excuse her hair, we're not that far into the day yet.~

~More tongue sores (and maybe a bit of breakfast)~

5 comments:

Jyll said...

Poor baby! I never would've guessed hand, foot, mouth disease with swollen gums. I just learned something new. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Shannon said...

I had one with that last year - he had a rash on his feet and hands and around his mouth. Easy diagnosis! The gums would have thrown me for a loop. That looks painful!

Suzanne said...

Ah, the poor pet. Hope she starts to feel better soon.

Jason and Amber Horn said...

Ugh...that stinks. My kiddos had that too. It's so gross!

Anonymous said...

love to feel her tongue licking mycock